audio streaming from TiVo to network?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by yeagerda, Jun 11, 2011.

1. yeagerda

yeagerda New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    I'd like to stream the analog L+R audio out of my Tivo Premier XL (wirelessly) to my central audio hub (about 30' away in another room) where it can be distributed to the rest of the house. This will be used for sporting events, and also for playback of say Pandora.

BTW, one reason for doing this with sporting events rather than just using local audio at each TV is the 1s or so delay with Tivo compared to all of the other TV's that use Comcast boxes (Scientific Atlanta). The delay is long enough that multiple TV's within earshot must be muted.

TiVo is connected with wired ethernet to a router. I don't suppose there are any apps around that can pick the audio from the network?? Didn't think so.

Anyway, any ideas would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance...

2. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    The current version of Tivo does not stream. A slingbox can do what you ask but only to sling clients.

I used a wireless speaker setup from Acustic Research for this. One transmitter and we have several speakers. Transmit range is several hundred feet. Not exactly what you asked for but solved a similar need for us.

3. yeagerda

yeagerda New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Thanks. That's the kind of thing I'm considering, but was hoping for something a bit more 'elegant' since ethernet is sitting right there. One question I didn't ask, but I think your post answers, is... is analog audio out active on Tivo even when you are sending digital over HDMI? Apparently, it is.

4. jcthorne

jcthorne Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Houston
    Yes.