Audio Problem w/NBC in Chicago

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by cobra5wood, Jan 11, 2006.

1. cobra5wood

cobra5wood New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    St....

Advertisements

Has anyone else experienced audio dropouts(sometimes for 10 - 20 seconds) on NBC thru their Directivo in Chicago? It happened again Monday night during the last 5 minutes of "Medium". It only happens on channel 5(NBC) and to restore audio you have to go to another channel for a while and then return. I have to check, but I think my model is an R10.

2. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...

If you can restore it, by stoping playback or going to a different channel... Then that is more of a hardware/playback issue, more so then the broadcast.

However, with that said... Over the last few weeks WMAQ has been having some problems (in general) with some of their broadcast... Sunday Nights HD-WestWing was completely FUBARed...

3. vader14

vader14 New Member

Dec 30, 2005
    South Elgin, IL
    had the same problem aslo in chicago on medium on my unit as well

4. DonQijote

DonQijote New Member

Mar 2, 2004

Yes, I have also experienced the Chicago NBC5 audio drop out. It only happens on THAT particular channel, leading me to believe that it is not an equipment related issue. The dropout seems to last from 5 to 20 seconds.

As noted above, it seems to reset by changing channels.

5. cheer

cheer Registered Offender

Nov 13, 2005
    Gurnee, IL

Advertisements

For what it's worth, I've had similar issues with NBC in HD OTA, so I'm pretty sure it's not equipment-related so much as WMAQ-is-a-bag-of-suck-related.

6. moxie1617

moxie1617 Member

Jan 4, 2004
    Chicago...
    Have had this occur several times with NBC in Chicago. The last occurence was with Mondays broadcast of Medium. I am running an old Hughes GXCEBOTD. I actually checked into the forum today so see if it was hardware related hoping to justify a jump to a HR10-250. Mixed emotions with this thread, glad it's NBC and not hardware, sad its NBC and not hardware.

7. Giorgio

Giorgio New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Yes it has happened to me also..DTV knows about this..
    NBC has tech problems period all the time I doubt it is our receivers. That would be the easy way out for both firms.
    And do not feel it is the programs. Check with a person with cable and see if it happens there.
    Another unsolved tech problem...

8. perkat2

perkat2 New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Illinois
    I've seen this a few times on the NBC east coast national feed as well.