Audio extractor with rca connections

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by cmroth220, Feb 10, 2021.

1. cmroth220

cmroth220 New Member

Feb 10, 2021

Advertisements

I just bought the Tivo Stream 4k and I desperately want to connect it to my stereo which needs a rca connection and hdmi to my tv. I have tried 3 different audio extractors and can not get it to work. Any suggestions for what I may be doing wrong? Or any suggestions for a specific audio extractor? I really want to be able to use Tivo and not a Roku. Thanks

2. dr_tracker

dr_tracker New Member

Feb 10, 2021
    I have and audio extractor/HDMI switch with optical audio. To make it work I had to mess with the audio settings in the Tivo, had to put it in manual and select Dolby Digital and deselect every other option. In your case I would suggest start with PCM.

3. keithg1964

keithg1964 Ragonk

Feb 2, 2006
    Texas
    If you find one that works, you will probably have sync issues. Time to purchase an receiver that accepts HDMI.

blackngold75 likes this.
  4. cmroth220

cmroth220 New Member

Feb 10, 2021
    Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me where to find the audio settings in Tivo. I have gone to settings, but I do not see anything for audio.

5. dr_tracker

dr_tracker New Member

Feb 10, 2021

Advertisements

In Settings go to Device Preferences, then Sound, in Select Formats, there's Auto, Manual and None. I would set it to None, which disables Surround Sound, so I guess it should output Stereo only.

Sorry for the lack of details, I was out and about and trying to answer out of my head.