Audio drops with key press?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Driller, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Driller

Driller New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Just got my new HD hooked up today. I'm moving from an HR10-250. Any button press with the remote, ie. to bring up the banner or scroll through the guide, my audio briefly drops out for just a half sec. Then it comes right back. After three or four presses (like when scrolling through the guide) it drops every other press or every third press. Strange. I don't get any audio drops while just watching a show and it doesn't drop while watching a recorded program when I bring up the banner.

I have experimented with SD, HD and OTA channels and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I even unplugged and restarted again with no change. I'm stumped.

I'm using the optical out that feeds into my Yamaha receiver. Never had anything like this with previous Tivos. Any ideas?

2. Driller

Driller New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    ** Update **

When I change my receiver to ANALOG ONLY there is no dropping. When I set it back to AUTO the dropping returns. AUTO lets it switch between Dolby Pro Logic and Dolby Digital. Hmmm. So is it my receiver? or Tivo? I have always had it on AUTO with my HR10-250.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I think this has to do with the guide when viewing scolling through the guide. People had the same problem with the series 3 before one of the software updates. i never had the problem myself with the series 3, but my TiVoHD does have the problem. A firmware update should correct it.