1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Disappeared from recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by awdorrin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. awdorrin

awdorrin New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I am new to Tivo, we've had our Bolt Vox for a bit over a month now.

Last night, we went to watch a recording and the previous show was wrapping up, curious if the 'skip' button would jump to the start of the show I hit it. As expected, it jumped 15 minutes or so, and not 45-90 seconds to the start of the show.
    I then hit the rewind button several times to speed back to the beginning of the recording.
    After reaching the start and having it play again, there was no audio.

Seems like a bug, but I couldn't see any way to resolve it, and we ended up deleting the recording.

Anyone ever encounter this before?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    This would happen if you pressed the REW, then ->| Skip. It will jump to the tick mark in that direction on the green bar. The same for when you had FF pressed.

If you just hold ->| skip without pressed REW, it should jump to beginning. Unless its not set up this way in the menu settings.

For sound, if you are just using the TV speakers, be sure in Settings / Audio, to have PCM set.

3. awdorrin

awdorrin New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Yes, I understand the skip feature and jumping forwards and backwards.
    The primary issue is the fact that the Tivo lost the sound, and wouldn't play it, no matter what I did, once it entered this state.

I did not try rebooting the tivo, but I will try that next time it happens.