Audio Ahead of Video

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by KyleLC, Apr 28, 2005.

1. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    I recently bought a used Series2 standalone from a friend, and I've noticed that the audio is slightly ahead of the video by a fraction of a second. It's often not noticeable, but is very obvious when something quick happens like a hand clap and I hear the clap before the hands hit. This is true for both live and recorded programs.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I've had a Series 1 TiVo (standalone) for several years and have never had a problem with the audio and video being out of sync.

The software version on the Series2 is 7.1a-02-2-240. The model is TCD24004A. It was upgraded from 40 to 131 hours by Weaknees.

2. BunkerBob

BunkerBob TiVo is watching You

Dec 22, 2004
    Washington
    how do you have the inputs setup into the tivo unit? What are the coming from and do you have the source split anywhere? For an example if you have the audio coming out from your cable/sat box going into an A/V Receiver and then the video going into the tivo then yes the audio and video is going to be out of synch. Here check out tivo's article http://customersupport.tivo.com/knowbase/root/public/tv1070.htm?

If that relates, a little more info on your hookup will tell why it's happening either it being the hookup or the tivo unit.

3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    Bob, what you describe seems like the "normal" difference between TiVO live and plain jane live (no tivo in the loop).

I think what Kyle is referring to is a "proper" set-up of A/V, but that there is a fraction of a difference in A/V. Many times this is due to the cable companies and nothing more.

I recently added a new SA S2 and I sometimes see this....mostly just on ABC WCVB-5 out of Boston.

4. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
    Wow, I thought I had replied to this. I'm only using the cable from the wall as the input.

My problem is probably the cable company or the TiVo. It has nothing to do with the connections. It only happens occasionally.