ATTN Robert Value Electronics.

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by generalpatton71, Jul 30, 2006.

1. generalpatton71

generalpatton71 Open,Flash and clear

Oct 30, 2002
    Classified

Advertisements

I think I rember something about Value Electronics no longer advertising on the forum, but I'm not for sure. Anyways Robert I wanted to ask if we still get a forum discount on you website. I'm looking into possibly getting a HDDVD player and didn't know what type of discount a Tivo community memer could get if any at all.

2. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Uhh, why don't you try calling or emailing him at Value Electronics?

Anyway, his username here is DTV Tivo Dealer. Even a PM would be better than this.

Good luck

3. generalpatton71

Oct 30, 2002
    Classified
    Because I thought other people here might be interested in knowing wether or not we still get a discount there. Allot of people bought there HDTV tivos there and who knows he may carry the series 3 as well. He has been a long supporter of the board and we have supported him back. So I had a question that I wanted to inquire about and though others might find the response either way useful.

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    I think Robert told me that his ability to receive PMs was rescinded by the site owner. Robert is certainly a strong supporter of the community, but his ability to participate here has been limited. Calling or sending email is the better approach nowadays. I'm not sure that he ever stated a discount in public, but I do know that he has been more than accomodating for many forum users including myself.

5. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003

Advertisements

Well then be sure to let us all know after you call.

6. generalpatton71

Oct 30, 2002
    Classified
    Well I just found a large update from Robert over at AVS on the HDDVD situation. If there are problems between the board owners and Robert let me just say I hope they get sorted out. I've visited this board for a long time now and Robert has been very helpful to many here and I hope some type of compromise can be worked out for what ever went wrong.

7. tase2

tase2 Shy Guy

Sep 26, 2004
    Wallingford, CT
    Don't both forums have the same owner?

8. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Yes, they both are under the AVS form family

9. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    he has a great deal for everyone, the toshiba hd a1 for $500 with free shipping and two free HD dvds.

10. generalpatton71

Oct 30, 2002
    Classified
    Well the plot thickens. He's seems to be more then welcomed over at AVS and some nice power buys have been set up for HDDVD. Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy a HDDVD player or wait for the 360 HDDVD drive to come out. I may just start buying combo discks of HDDVD now.

11. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I'm waiting until a HD player comes out that is not a Pentium 4 computer disguised as a stereo component. I don't need all that heat, boot up delay, and other nonsense in order to play a video.

12. lynesjc

lynesjc New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Simpsonville...
    Yeah, but have you seen how beautiful the films are? And the sound quality is a big improvement.