Attention Smith Fans

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by cawall, Nov 14, 2006.

1. cawall

cawall New Member

Mar 10, 2004

Advertisements

CBS.com has 4 un-aired full episodes.

2. Mr. Happypants

Mr. Happypants Bal'more Hon

Jan 29, 2006
    Did iTunes ever pick them up as well? Not sure the Streaming thing is going to be that great.

3. tofferr

tofferr New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Downers...
    Not on iTunes, or the torrent places that I've checked.

4. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I've tried to watch Smith online and it just won't stream without freezing all the time. Poor quality too. I can watch Survivor clips at CBS.com, and ABC/NBC videos all stream in excellent quality, but I'm running out of patience to watch Smith.

5. tofferr

tofferr New Member

Jun 18, 2001
    Downers...

Advertisements

Me too.

6. cawall

cawall New Member

Mar 10, 2004
    I had the same problem but managed to struggle through all episodes. I found that time of day made a big difference, either early or late it streamed much better.

7. TiVo Steve

TiVo Steve New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Seattle WA.
    I watched the first un-aired episode around 5AM and it was perfect! (full screen) :cool:

8. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    oooo i gotta watch these, maybe i'll watch one tonight

is there ANYWAY to download them or anything, i'm worried about streaming w/ my slow dsl

9. cawall

cawall New Member

Mar 10, 2004
    No. You can't download and you can't go directly to the various segments like you can at NBC. Each episode has 4 segments. If you get dropped it starts at the beginning again and you have to scroll through to get back to where you were. It's a pretty crappy setup. NBC's, where I'm watching Kidnapped, is much better. By the way, there is also a synopsis for the 4 unfilmed episodes so you know what the plan was if they had finished the whole thing. I have to give CBS kudos for doing this as so many networks just cancel and we are SOL.

10. Mr. Happypants

Mr. Happypants Bal'more Hon

Jan 29, 2006
    What are they using to stream the episodes? I've seen some Mac apps that allow you to capture embedded video. Perhaps I'll try it out one evening this week.

11. opensource

opensource New Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Look again. It's there now.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    it's good to know ppl with fast connections have as many problems as me on 56k.

i can d/l fox stuff and keep it in memory and go back to start and watch it..takes hours but is smooth once loaded

13. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I tried again tonight. The first segment of the show (episode #3) streamed well ,and then the commercial streamed about a second at a time. The second segment had a few pauses. The second commercial was as bad as the first. The third segment was pretty unwatchable so now we're watching (gasp) live TV with ads. It's less painful.

You'd think they'd put the ads on the more powerful server...

14. csonic

csonic New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Wouldn't this be a great marketing opportunity for TiVo?

Taking shows that were cancelled and allowing TiVo owners to connect to CBS, NBC, etc and stream these "internet" shows to their TiVo. Or Tivo could evn strick a deal with these companies to allow peopl to dload these shows to their tivo boxes like the new Tivo-cast programs (like CNET, Heavy, etc.)

For the ability to do this, I would be more than willing to sit through 2-3 min of commercial versus from the networks versus not needing to watch all these shows while sitting in front of my destop PC in my uncomfortable desk chair.

Craig

15. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    that would be freaking awesome! Seems like a good idea too, let people download them but not allow you to skip the commercials or something, seems like a fair trade

16. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    I would be opposed to TiVo implementing any "can't skip" features on principle.

17. dnorth12

dnorth12 Member

Feb 10, 2005
    Mesquite Nevada
    Thanks for the lead on the Smith series. Downloaded it via iTunes. CBS innertube was just to laborious.

Now when I get done watching the last four episodes I will get to feel the same way all over again that I felt when they cancelled the series.

Someone like FX needs to pick this series up and run with it. Just like they did with Thief.

What a waste of airtime when they don't cancel shows that only a moron would watch.

18. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    anyone know if smith is still on their website?!?!?

i was going to watch them today and can't find them

19. pdhenry

pdhenry Ruthless

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    Looks like they're gone.

20. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    slow bittorrent, but hopefully eventually down :)