Atlanta Comcast Issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mx77m, Oct 15, 2007.

1. mx77m

mx77m New Member

Oct 13, 2007

Advertisements

4th Attempt for 2 cablecards (S3) from Comcast - ATLANTA and still no RESOLUTION! PLEASE HELP!!!

1st Attempt - Scheduled Monday 10/1/07
    Appointment 11AM-2PM
    Took off work
    Driver waited until appointment time to inform me that they had no cards
    Rescheduled Appointment

2nd Attempt - Scheduled Saturday 10/6/07
    Appointment 2-5PM
    Truck roll late; arrives 6PM
    1st Card - INOP; no data on card
    2nd Card - Unable to Validate; only 1st 39 channels available - no resolution
    Rescheduled Appointment

3rd Attempt - Scheduled Thursday 10/11/07
    Appointment 11AM-2PM
    Took off work
    Dispatch called @ 10AM to inform no cablecards available
    Rescheduled Appointment

4th Attempt - Scheduled Monday 10/15/07
    Appointment 8AM-11AM
    Took off work
    Driver arrives @ 10AM to inform me no cablecards!!!
    WAITING FOR SUPERVISOR CALLBACK

Obviously I am not having any luck being able to enjoy my digital tier, nor HD channels on my S3 due to Comcast's inability to provide working cablecards. Not to mention the 4 different pricing schemes that various customer service reps have informed me of for using cablecards for Tivo.

Anyone else in Atlanta having or have had the same issues? I need help, suggestions, phone numbers, customer complaint departments, etc.

2. demon

demon BURNINATOR

Nov 15, 2006
    Western SD
    Maybe try filing a complaint with the FCC? If they're giving you that level of runaround (c'mon, this should be a solved problem), it may be your most direct route to a resolution - keep in mind though that it may take a month or so for the complaint to be read, dispatched to the company and acted upon, but it will happen. The wheels turn slow, unfortunately...

3. JPBOSS

JPBOSS New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    I believe you are well within your rights to contact the Comcast Executive Complaint Dept at (215) 665-1700. It will be answered by a live body and they should respond to your complaint within 24 hours time.

My install earlier this year with my Series 3 cable cards went pretty well. In fact I ordered a Pay Per View a while back and it worked with my cable cards too. There shouldn't be this much trouble in getting this done but you have to realize that we are in a small minority with usage of Cable Cards and techs just don't have a clue as what to do protocol-wise.

4. iPhreak

iPhreak New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    Call and request a "in house comcast tech." First off the contractors know nothing and they blame it on Comcast. When a Comcast tech calls you back to set the appiontment, ask them to send a message to Brian Dobbs to call you. If they give him the message he will call you. He did me and the appointment with him went very smoothly.

I do not know what part of ATL you live in, but each area has different managers. Brian Dobbs is in NW Atlanta.