At last - The Flash on DVD

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by kmccbf, Nov 18, 2005.

1. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    This short lived series was one of my favorite superhero live action series. Finally "The Flash" is coming out on DVD in Janurary.

2. Stainless Steele

Stainless Steele Wake-Maker!

Feb 2, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Sweet!

3. AnotherWin95

AnotherWin95 Registered TiVo User

Dec 12, 2004
    Jacksonville...
    Very cool - I always enjoyed this program. Shame it went off the air.

4. JustAllie

JustAllie Number crunchin'

Jan 4, 2002
    Arlington, VA
    Nice! :up:

5. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Not available through Netflix yet :(

6. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    hah, I'll have to get that. I remember this from way back. didn't this come out about the same time as BH 90210?

7. mmilton80

mmilton80 Custom User Title

Jul 28, 2005
    Massachusetts
    This was me and my dads favorite tv program...next to Star Trek: The next generation

8. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Any episodes on the DVD that didn't air? I know I saw all the ones that made it to the tube..

9. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Excellent! I've been waiting for this one for a long time. I almost broke down a few months back and paid way too much for a bootleg set.

10. bentleyml

bentleyml Unregistered User

May 21, 2003
    Moore...
    As far as I know all episodes of the series were aired. So no unseen episodes and from what I've read no special features either. Wont stop me from buying the set since I loved the show. I would rank it as my favorite live-action SuperHero TV series.

11. cancermatt

cancermatt No Pop Culture Here.

May 20, 2002
    Newhall, CA...
    Loved The Flash! I used to run around the house during opening theme (I may have disclosed too much info! :) ) I recorded every episode but one (the return of The Trickster :( ) and loved Mark Hamill's role, basically his comeback's beginning since Star Wars, leading to Batman: Animated Series) from the series first run. Anyway, loved Flash. Hope there's tons of extras, how about interviewing and commentary from Hamill? Anyway, hope it's not just the episodes. :)

12. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Awesome show...excellent news! Well cast, great score, nice effects...it definitely was sad that it didn't get the ratings it deserved. It also had a great sense of humor that didn't overshadow or interfere with the "drama" of the story. It was a nice balance that a lot of superhero television shows and movies don't quite get right -- they are either too campy or too serious/dark.

Bravo WB!

13. hanumang

hanumang Active Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sadly, that's all it'll be. :(

January 10, 2006 is the date...

Click the images to check out the details (or lack thereof), courtesy of TVShowsOnDVD.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Philosofy

Philosofy Super Duper Member

Feb 21, 2000
    Valparaiso,...
    That show had an awesome costume. I always wondered why a TV show could get the costume right (hey, the Flash can move his head and neck!) and the Batman movies couldn't.

15. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    Yet another TV show I can get rid of VHS tapes for! Thanks to TV shows on DVD, I've been able to dump like 60 or 70 tapes. Thank God!

When The Flash premiered, there was a huge writeup in TV Guide about the suit. Good piece, probably lost forever at this point.

If for anything, this DVD set is just more proof of how hot Amanda Pays was. Too bad she married Corbin Berensen and became a homemaker.

Greg

16. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Bummer, Just got my copy of The Flash watched the first episode and 4 min before the end, it froze, then started at chapter two of the episode. ARRRGH! - no sign of damage to the disc. I'm returning to Amazon for a replacement and hoping that it's not a defect in the run.

A little disappointing, at least on the first disc, all extra's seem to be available only to DVD-Rom and there are no episode menus. ( I can't believe they did that). I had to next all the way through the episode to the next to the last chapter (about 15 min intervals) then FF to check the damage on both my machines.

17. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas

It's a widespread problem:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451760

18. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    "Child's Play." - What a fun episode! All of the 60's hippie references....Flash moving through a wall because he was vibrating from "Blue Paradise." The bad guy in this episode was really good too! "Never disturb me when I'm laughing."

But alas, I was saddened to see a young Jonathan Brandis in it. He left us way too early in his life. :(

19. kmccbf

kmccbf New Member

Mar 9, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Well, I guess I will just keep exchanging it, till they get it right, unless I can get Warner Bros to send me a replacement.