Arrow

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HarleyRandom, Jan 20, 2020.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015
    I noticed a special episode was airing at 8 EST Jan. 28. I don't have a season pass but wondered if that might not be enough to record this episode. Also, the series has an episode Jan. 21 at 8, which is when "The Flash" is supposed to be on.

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member TCF Club

Oct 26, 2017
    Elizabeth, CO
    i just checked and my season pass did not pick it up. I manually added it

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The 1/28 Arrow shows 8pm as a generic episode and 9pm as the series finale. But that depends on the station. They do agree that 9pm is the end.

4. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Arrow on 1/21 at 8pm, 1 hour, the penultimate ep. (followed by new "Legends of Tomorrow" at 9pm)

on 1/28 8pm "Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye" special behind-the-scenes tribute,
    followed by 9pm series finale.

5. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Penultimate is such a weird, though kinda fun word.

And the last year or three I've taken to just always checking the next night's info, given the networks are constantly airing new shows any random times, stuff like this special documentary or whatever you call it, movies, etc.

It's hard for me to remember that I used to pay no attention to the guide after the new season started! Now I'm still stuck checking. Though wow, I spent literally 20 minutes a day back in 2004 pre-tivo trying to figure out how to watch what I needed.

6. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    In your opinion, should Arrow: Hitting the Bullseye been under Arrow's series ID, or is it better that it was separate?

7. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    (Not implying this was directed towards me, I just like talking lol)

personally I’d not expect it to pick up the special, since is not an episode of the show, BUT at the same time I’d think a large number of people who watch the show would want to watch it.

that would actually be an idea for a legitimately useful extra guide/season pass type feature, like at least asking if you want a related piece of content.
    Also why I check prime time on my 6 main channels daily!

8. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Under OnePass Options, they could consider adding:Record Related Shows: No/Series/Specials/All
    No means it won't.
    Series means other related TV shows. A OnePass for the original Roseanne would catch Roseanne season 10 and The Conners since those are related series. Or any of those Marvel shows on Disney which keep having title changes. (Something I disagree with, but that's another topic.)
    Specials would include this Arrow special, but would have included other Crisis-related things, such as those after-shows.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That, I think, would be a programming nightmare for an outfit that already has data problems...