Argh! What's with the new twinkle sound effect + SkipD message!?!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jbschwartz, Dec 2, 2016.

1. jbschwartz

jbschwartz New Member

Jun 29, 2004

Advertisements

Just got an automatic update last night on a Roamio Pro. Saw the message regarding three new accessibility features introduced (A, B, C buttons). That's all fine and good.

But there's another really annoying new feature that is activated whenever a commercial is playing. A Skip D reminder message pops up in the upper left side of the screen ALONG WITH A TWINKLE SOUND EFFECT! What's with the unwanted repeated reminder and obnoxious sound effect? It seems to repeat every so often automatically and whenever the forward or back buttons are used.

I called Tivo. The rep reported that it was part of the accessibility features, reportedly mandated by the FCC. I respectfully disagreed with the rep. While the ABC button might be accessibility issues, this "twinkle reminder" has nothing to do with accessibility.

Has anyone else seen/heard this new unwanted intrusion?

Oh by the way, the rep suggested that I could turn off all sounds effects to make it stop. Thanks for that.

2. tarheelblue32

tarheelblue32 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Raleigh, NC
    I think that "feature" has been on my Roamio Plus ever since the SkipMode update came out months ago.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Enable Dolby Digital and you also won't hear them. UNless using Quick mode. QUick mode is the only time I hear effects when watching content.

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    That's been there since SkipMode came out. It reminds us that SKIP is ready to go for the current recording.

First question: Do you use SkipMode?

Followup question: If not, why not?

jerryez likes this.