Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader 09/06/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by appleye1, Sep 6, 2007.

1. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I'm confused. The guide says "season premiere". So why do we have the same group of kids that we had last year? Shouldn't they have changed it to "Are You Smarter Than A Sixth Grader"? Or are all these kids having to repeat the 5th grade? :)

I do remember them announcing auditions last season for new kids. What happened to that I wonder?

2. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I was wondering the same thing. It's a new school year so how can they still be fifth graders? I also remember the auditions being held last May. Seems like this show was probably taped last season and is just "new" to this season.

3. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I'm not entirely sure the kids were ever guaranteed to be 5th graders, and the kids certainly weren't regular 5th graders anyway. The premise of the show was that the questions all came from 5th grade textbooks.

And besides, the contestants weren't playing against the kids - so the "Are you smarter than" doesn't really apply.

-Ken

4. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I was disappointed to see the same kids. I was hoping to see a fresh batch in there.

5. gschrock

gschrock Active Member

Dec 27, 2001
    holt, mi
    I could have sworn I remember hearing Jeff Foxworthy talking about working with a new batch of kids in some interview somewhere, so maybe this is just really a leftover?

6. cwbaker

cwbaker New Member

Aug 5, 2002
    There will be a new batch of 5th graders. I was at a taping 2 weeks ago and they had the new kids.

Alot of fun watching in person.... especially seeing Jeff Foxworthy on roller skates!

7. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I think it's a "season premiere" because these are episodes Fox hadn't aired before, but they were recorded last season. There will be a new batch of fifth graders; in fact, Fox had been running commercials asking "students, parents, and teachers" if they knew anybody who was "currently in fourth grade" that wanted to be one of the new fifth graders.

(Expect the most-asked question on September 20 be, "Hey. wasn't that Laura the Fifth Grader on Kelsey Grammer's new show last night?")

-- Don