Are there new MI-5 episodes in the US?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

A friend of my told me there are MI-5 episodes airing on one of the PBS stations in Tampa (WUSF) and he says they are new to him. I told him I would have heard about any new episodes on this forum but have not seen any posts. I just set up a recording for the next episode (Tues night on WUSF) and I'll see if I remember it or if its new to me.

Thanks,
    Gerry

2. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    New seasons of MI-5 (Spooks) air in the U.K. MI-5 (Spooks) is up to season 9 in the U.K.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    I've been watching MI-5 on Iowa PBS the last several years. They're currently airing Series (Season) 6 which aired in the UK (as "Spooks") in 2007. There have been 9 series aired in the UK and they've greenlit a 10th. So right now, we're three seasons behind.

It's some of the best teevee on right now....

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    WGBH in Boston has run through Series 8 and is currently rerunning Series 2.
    So that means Series 9 and 10 are the only ones not yet shown up here.

Truly one of the best series I have ever watched.

5. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    10 hasn't aired in the UK yet. Production on Series 10 only began a month ago...

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Netflix has through season 9 on streaming, through season 8 on DVD.

7. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    great news! that means I can enjoy it even longer.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Five year thread resurrection alert!

I stumbled upon an MI-5 movie from 2015 on HBO last week and watched it yesterday. Kit Harrington from Game Of Thrones is the main character. It was pretty good. I hadn't thought about this show in a number of years.

9. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I saw that movie on HBO in my guide. Is it related to the old TV show or something completely different?

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's based on the tv show. I recognized the old head of their unit but everybody else is new, I think.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Excellent. I'll be watching the movie then.

I watched the first 2-3 years of MI-5 and then when they had the cast reboot, kind of gave up on it. Might go and revisit at some point. IRC A&E used to show it here originally then it moved over to PBS.

12. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

I started this thread more than 5 years ago and was surprised to see some new posts. And yes I am aware of the MI-5 movie on HBO (I think or some other premium channel) and I watched it. It was VERY VERY GOOD and is definitely part of the MI-5 TV show. And as someone else posted the head of MI-5 from the TV show is still the head of MI-5 in the movie and he's the same actor.

HIGHLY recommended!

Gerry

13. Doggie Bear

Doggie Bear Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Pacific...
    I watched seasons 1-4 in the butchered versions on A&E (when they cut out 15 minutes from every episode for commercials, instead of just airing the full show in a 90 minute slot), then caught up a bit on seasons 5-6 when they were streaming on Amazon Prime, and watched seasons 7-8 on DVDs from the library. Started season 9, got 2 episodes in, and never finished before the discs were due. I guess I'll get around to completing the show, but I thought it peaked in season 6 with the awesome Iran storyline that consumed the whole season. And I liked the Adam/Jo/Ros/Zaf team the best.