Are there any in stock in Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by terramar, Sep 13, 2006.

1. terramar

terramar New Member

Jan 27, 2003

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any retailers in the Los Angeles area with the Series 3 in stock?

(I have to coordinate a big install, and if I can run in and pick one up somewhere, it would really simplify things).

I've tried calling 4 different Best Buys, but none seem to have any in stock. And I can't get the online ordering thing to work. At first it shows that all local stores have it in stock, but later in the checkout process, the whole thing just hangs, and I can't finish the checkout.

2. terramar

terramar New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Hate to follow up my own posts, but perhaps somebody else could use the info.

I picked up 2 at the Fry's Electronics in Manhattan Beach, and they had a couple more in back, I was told.

3. cotton168

cotton168 Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Monterey...
    Hey terramar! I know that the Best Buy in Industry, CA has one. They used to have two, but I picked one up today. :)

4. SoBayJake

SoBayJake Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    ARGH..I work right near there...thought about trying, but since I hate that store quite a bit, I didn't go in tonight!

Maybe tomorrow morning! :D

5. jodell

jodell TiVo geek

Jul 9, 2002
    Irvine, CA

Advertisements

I found that by going into a Best Buy and giving them the part number (TCD648250B), they could look up which stores currently had stock as well as which ones were scheduled to receive stock soon.

I was able to locate the Best Buy store in Costa Mesa which *had* received two this afternoon. By the time I got there to pick up mine (held for me a few hours earlier by phone request) the other was already gone.

Happy hunting!
    Jeff