Are the instant email notifications disabled?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Tanquen, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Napa, CA

Advertisements

I no longer get emails telling me there was a reply to a subscribed thread.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I still get them myself.

3. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Napa, CA
    It looks like Yahoo is blocking email from Tivo Community. Any way to fix it?

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    You will likely have to deal with Yahoo about that.

I experienced a similar problem about a year ago.

Just when I needed to buy extra email storage space on my main account (because I hadn't cleaned it up in months), there was a screwup with the renewal date on my bank card, so for a week or two the emails from here got bounced back by my ISP.

Since then, none of my email accounts with that ISP can receive email from TCF, however it turns out that others on the same domain can receive them from here, and my fall back dial up account with BasicISP gives me an email account (which I never use) which also can receive emails from here, so it turns out that the problem is one I'm going to have to fight with Earthlink about, since they bought out the ISP that bought out the ISP that bought out the ISP that I started with years ago, and they hold my accounts with that domain hostage.

So good luck finding a human to talk to at Yahoo.

5. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

Its probably going into the other folders such as Bulk.

6. Tanquen

Tanquen Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Napa, CA
    Don’t have a Bulk folder and looked at all the folders, SPAM so on and even switched email accounts and the activate your new email address email makes it to the other account but not my Yahoo account. Yahoo is blocking emails and not even letting you see them. Great for real SPAM not so for real emails I want.

7. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Yeah, my main AT&T email account uses Yahoo and I quit getting TCF notifications years ago. I finally just gave up. :mad:

The owner(s) of this site would have to deal with Yahoo directly and I don't expect that to happen.

8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yahoo has the tendency to NOT receive some emails and I have switched to Gmail for the more frequent/important ones.