Are the HDNet test patterns accurate?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by pdawg17, Jan 22, 2006.

1. pdawg17

pdawg17 Here's Julia!!

Mar 1, 2003

Advertisements

I was calibrating my Vizio 50" plamsa with the HDNet test patterns and using instructions I found online, my contrast setting ended up at 68 (I had it at 42 just by tweaking during shows)...it also looked too white although I'm wondering if I just need to get used to the new setting...anyone else notice their contrast ending up too high with these test patterns? From what I understand, you are supposed to turn contrast up until you can barely see the number "0"...is this correct?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    The brightness and contrast settings interact with each other. It could be you need to raise the brightness some. I watched that test pattern the other day on my ISF-calibrated set and indeed the 0 was just barely visible.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Check out the Video Calibration Forum at http://www.avsforum.com for lots more information about the HDNet test patterns and how to use them.

4. pdawg17

pdawg17 Here's Julia!!

Mar 1, 2003
    I'll check avsforum...the "10" is just barely visible where I have the brightness set now...