Are Hr10-250 incompatible with Mitsubishi?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by scheffs1956, Jan 24, 2006.

1. scheffs1956

scheffs1956 New Member

Jan 24, 2006

Advertisements

A tech was here last week to hook up the Hr10-250 dvr. It powered up to the welcome screen, then went to the next one that said "just a few seconds more" After that it would keep going to a blank blue screen. He tried it three times with same result. He also switched some connections in back and tried to switch the input from DTV to component-1. No go. He made a call to a fellow tech and came to the conclusion that the unit is incompatible with some older model HDTV's. My set is a Mitsubishi WS-55807 serial no. 100186 manufactured in July 2000. It uses RGB cables to connect to the current HD reciever. Directv says they made the unit to work with all tv's and Mitsubishi says they are not aware of any problems. My theories are it is either the tech is not making the right connection(s), a wrong input assignment or the unit was defective. Can anyone help? they are coming to try again tomorrow. Thanks.

2. billnbell

billnbell New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    A couple things:

1. On the front of the HR10-250 set the resolution.
    2. Try HDMI
    3. Try component video

Bill

3. A J Ricaud

A J Ricaud Active Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Hacienda...
    Maybe the HD Tivo is bad.

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    The model number sounds familiar.
    Take a look at www.avsforum.com for your specific model.

I know there where some early Mitsubishi HDTV's, that were release before some of the standards where agreed to. Those TV's need a special converter box, only available from Mitsubishi.... When I was researching one for a friend a few years back, the price tag for that box was around $1,000

What HD box are you using now?
    It is possible that the HD box you are using is sending out a compatible format for your TV, but the TV may not be compatible with the current standards that the HR10-250 uses.

5. scheffs1956

scheffs1956 New Member

Jan 24, 2006

Advertisements

Thanks for the replys guys.
    1) Bill, I have no HDMI input on yhis set . If I did, I think the problem would be solved.
    2) AJ... I hope you're right!
    3)Eb, I'm using a RCA DC100 reciever and your format theory is exactly what the tech was talking about.

6. rlj5242

rlj5242 Active Member

Dec 20, 2000
    Southaven, MS
    Is that the receiver that has a VGA output and you use a VGA to RGBHV cable to connect? I looked at the information on your TV and it seems similar to my WS-55411. To make sure your HR10-250 is working, connect it via composite video and set its output to 480i. Get everything up and running. Go into the TV's setup and change the DTV input (see the connections diagram here) from RGBHV to Y/Pr/Pb. Connect the HR10 to the TV via component video cables. Switch to that input. You should get a 480i picture. Now change the output of the HR10 to 1080i. Your TV should synch up but if it doesn't, swich it to a different input and switch back.

-Robert

7. scheffs1956

scheffs1956 New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Robert, I think you got it! That sounds like the ticket. Luckily, he hasn"t arrived yet. I will post again with results.

Thanks, Jim

8. Paperboy2003

Paperboy2003 Wasting time here

Mar 30, 2004
    Randolph,...
    I have the 65" Mits Diamond and I bought it in 2001. I've had the Hr10 since it's inception with no problems. I connect through Component cables.

PS - the module Earl was referring to is called the Promise Module IIRC.

Good Luck!

9. memory1

memory1 New Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Irvine, CA USA
    Mitsubish 55 series projection TV usually can be set to accept either RGB ( 5 wire) or component Y, Pr, Pb (3 wire) in puts in the setup menu. I have HR10-250 connected to a Mit55905 for several years. If I remember correctly the HR10-250 starts in 480i mode and the switches to whatever higher mode 720p or 1080i you have selected.

10. scheffs1956

scheffs1956 New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    UPDATE!!! The connections were a success. So there are NO incompatibilty problems with Mitsubishi, even with the older models (mine is a 2000 model). Pretty cool machine, I hope it stays up for the count! LOL!! Thanks again everybody, i"ll keep you up to date, gotta go play with my new toy!

Jim

11. jor-el

jor-el New Member

May 24, 2002
    there's no problem using the 55807. Mine's been running fine for nearly the 2 years I've had the hdtivo.

Have you never used a HighDef input into the TV? Could be that 1080i play is defective. Or that the hdtivo is defective. Not sure what possible settings on each end could also lead to the blue screen (meaning a video input the TV can't handle).