1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARC or a reasonable facsimile thereof

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Davepl, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Davepl

Davepl Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Trying to ditch the Universal remotes finally. Setup is a Sony X900F TV, and Onkyo 929 receiver, TiVo Roamio, and an AppleTV (plus a few other HDMI sources).

When I press Menu on the AppleTV, everything automagically switches and works. As in a "wife and mother will be pleased" level of easy. Just grab the remote you care about, never needing the TV remote.

With the TiVo Roamio, however, you still need to switch to the appropriate input on the TV first. I've set up the Input button on the TiVo remote of course, but it's still a pseudo-complicated step to set the input.

Is there ANY obvious way I missing to set it so that when the user presses the TiVo button on the TiVo remote, the right HDMI packets are sent to say "Hey, I'm TiVo, I want to be the source now" like every other modern device seems to support?

Any setting anywhere I'm missing or is this just not possible? Is the Bolt any different?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    While it may be possible, TiVo does not support CEC and when it works, it's a function of the device, not the TiVo.