Apps not working until I reboot...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by johnfasc, Oct 27, 2020.

1. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014

Advertisements

I have seen other threads with similar issues but mine involved all apps I use, Prime, Netflix, You tube, Pandora and iheart radio. On a 1 tb Roamio version 21.10.1.V11. When turning on first time I have to restart the box or I cannot connect to the apps. The apps home page boots up but cannot go any further. The rest of the day is ok after reboot. Regular tv works fine with no reboot needed. Any input would be great.

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    So... don't use apps on Tivo.

I know, dead horse, but people are insistent on beating that thing.

3. eisenb11

eisenb11 Member

Sep 6, 2006
    Redondo...
    I do Netflix occasionally on my Roamio Pro and haven’t noticed any issues. Not sure what version it’s running. Last Netflix run was about 2 weeks ago. Same for Plex.

It’s not unreasonable to expect a device’s primary functionalities to work correctly. Tivo has touted streaming capabilities since the series 3, I believe.

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Certainly not unreasonable a all. But the reality is they still don’t work properly and never have. So the logical solution is to use something else rather than continue to hold out hope for something that will never be fixed and will in fact only get worse the older these apps become.

slowbiscuit and mattyro7878 like this.
  5. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas

Advertisements

Are you turning your TiVo 'off' ?

Maybe quit doing that?

-KP

6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Agreed, but it IS unreasonable to expect that the situation will change because you post here or contact Tivo and complain when the overwhelming evidence is that it won't change a thing.

Therefore the obvious conclusion is to switch to other streaming options.

7. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    I leave it in medium standby like I have for the past 6 years. And use my peanut remote to turn on and off.

8. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    And I have no choice but to use my LG apps for the music part of it.