Apple TV and TV Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SNJpage1, Dec 28, 2020.

1. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...

Advertisements

I just bought new i phones and they came with a free one year use of Apple TV. I looked on here and on line and it seems there is no way to get Apple TV thru the Bolt. So it looks like I will have to watch it on either my cell phone or i Pad. My i pad has an HDMI out that I can connect to the #2 input of the TV. However, I don't have one on the i phone 12. Is there another way to get the A/V to the TV? There must be some type of adapter that Apple wants me to buy.

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Do you have a streaming device? That is your best bet to use the Apple TV app.

3. mpf541

mpf541 Member

Nov 24, 2009
    you mean your TV does not have another input?

4. SNJpage1

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
  5. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish

Advertisements

Honest, it would have been cheaper to buy a streaming device that supports AppleTV+ like a Roku or Firestick than the lightning adapter.

kaszeta and PSU_Sudzi like this.
  6. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Yes - if he didn't already maybe have a 'device' that will do ATV+. Reconsider and maybe return that back to Bezos!

7. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    You’d be better off investing another $100 and buying an Apple TV box to use for all of your streaming needs, if you like the Apple ecosystem. Or if not, a cheaper alternative as noted above.

8. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    My TV supports casting with Apple Airplay. No cables or other boxes needed. But I prefer to use my AppleTV to watch my streaming services, including HBO Max, Netflix, Hulu, Disney+ and AppleTV+.

9. SNJpage1

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I wouldn't have had to buy anything if Tivo added Apple TV+ to the apps on the Bolt.

10. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Except Tivo isn't going to add anything, it's a dead platform as far as the app providers are concerned, you might as well ask for Peacock, HBOMax, etc, none of them will ever happen.

11. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    One other question is what kind of TV do you have? Some newer TVs have built-in AirPlay capability which would allow you to mirror content from the iPhone to the TV with nothing else involved......

iOS - Home Accessories