Apple iOS 10 Breaks Airplay Support to AppleTV

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jfink22, Sep 20, 2016.

1. jfink22

jfink22 New Member

Jun 11, 2004

Advertisements

Apple removed the ability to AirPlay just the video content from the TiVo App when streaming to an AppleTV from an iOS device in iOS10. This ability was great because it allowed you to stream content from an iOS device to AppleTV and then use the Siri remote to RW and FW the stream.

The only option now is to use AirPlay mirroring in iOS10 which scales the video resolution down and doesnt allow you to use the AppleTV remote.

Appears the only fix would be for TiVo to add an explicit AirPlay feature in their app.

Can TiVo please do this :)

Thanks!

Noelmel likes this.
  2. Suture

Suture New Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Had a similar issue with iOS 10 and AirPlay with some other apps. Had issues last year with SundayTicket app too.

3. convergent

convergent Active Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Raleigh, NC
    A better way to fix it would be a Tivo App for Apple TV.

4. Nelson2009

Nelson2009 Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Boston, Ma
    Yes I agreed same problem :( TiVo Please Create TiVo App for TVOS. Make this easy for us.

5. joshuaewing

joshuaewing New Member

Feb 17, 2014

Advertisements

Official Tivo Support Response...

Je**** (10/17/2016): I am sorry, but if the issue is as you described, and that the issue is not occurring with your other apple devices except the iPad, that is a clear indication that the issue seems to be isolated to the device in question and its Apple Airplay options and settings.

As previously mentioned; The TiVo App does not have any restriction settings that would hinder its output of the resolution via the Apple Airplay option. The TiVo App does not have the ability to alter any of Apple's software or settings.

I would still recommend contacting Apple Customer Support for possible settings adjustments that can be made with the Apple Airplay option with its resolutions.

Me (10/17/2016): okay, well i just mentioned this not being an issue prior to iOS10... so obviously, the app is not working as designed with this update.. so what I am gathering is you are refusing to escalate this?

Je***** (10/17/2016): I am sorry, but we cannot escalate a case for a feature that is not a TiVo feature. Apple Airplay issues and settings are Apple software and domain. We cannot troubleshoot your Apple Airplay or its settings.

6. pin87a

pin87a Member

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm not sure if this specifically works for the TiVo app, but for other apps you can AirPlay just the video/audio in iOS 10 by swiping up to open the control center, swiping left within Control Center to get to the media playback controls, and then selecting the AirPlay target in the dropdown underneath the playback controls.

7. UCS308

UCS308 New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    This does not work because the Tivo App does not register with the new UI and I imagine whatever underlying code that implements the new AirPlay features. Tivo simply needs to make their app iOS 10 compatible, that is if they are still supporting the iOS app.

8. UCS308

UCS308 New Member

Nov 13, 2016
    It is definitely a Tivo problem. Many iOS threads describe the new AirPlay features iOS 10. Tivo if it still supports its iOS app simply needs to take a look and support the new AirPlay code.

And it is not just an iPad problem. All AirPlay devices exhibit the same behavior.