Apparent Problem with OnePass and Recording Sports

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by ajw, Mar 28, 2015.

1. ajw

ajw New Member

Mar 28, 2015

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

With the baseball season coming up, and with "OnePass" being new since the last season ended, I am trying to set up a OnePass for some MLB games. Here's what I would really welcome some help with.

My team broadcasts its games on two different channels. And I would like games that my team plays in to occupy the #1 slot on my list of OnePass priorities.

Unlike Season Pass, OnePass seems to offer me two choices, neither of which really fits.

Choice One is to record ALL MLB games on every channel. I don't want to do that because I'm not interested in games where my team isn't playing, and (since I am prioritizing the recording) I don't want games played by other teams "bumping" other programming I would like to record.

Choice Two is to select a OnePass for only one channel. But of course the problem there is that the team plays on two different channels.

With the old Season Pass I created two parallel season passes, one for each channel my team can be seen on, and the problem was solved.

OnePass doesn't appear to offer me any in-between option. I either record ALL channels or one of them.

Is there something I'm not aware of, something I'm not doing, a "workaround" on this?

This "either one or all" issue would appear to be a potential problem with recording other live sports as well.

Thanks!

2. StevesWeb

StevesWeb Grumpy Old Geek

Dec 26, 2008
    Geek Hill,...
    Would this work?

Create a Onepass for your team on one of the channels and make it priority one.
    Create a Onepass for your team on the other channel and make it priority two.

3. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    OnePass pretty much screws us. Really bad planning on Tivo's part.

I think StevesWeb meant to create a WishList for your team(s), assuming the teams are accurately listed in the guide data on at least one of the channels. Then maybe a channel-specific OnePass for the other channel if necessary.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    a wishlist with the team name as a keyword set to priority 1 sounds like it would work, with possibly a few unwanted recordings from other channels, or am i missing something?

my neighbor has one for her favorite nfl team, and it records their games like clockwork. if it's a sports special or repeat, she deletes the unwanted recordings.

5. tgrim1

tgrim1 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa

Advertisements

I have this same problem with a network show. The problem is that you can only have "one" Onepass per show. This limits your settings to just one specific channel or all channels with the same settings for all.

I dont think you can prioritize wishlists with season passes can you?

6. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Wishlists are right along side season passes in the Manager.

7. Apr 2, 2015 #7 of 11
    TiVangelist

TiVangelist Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Boston, MA
    tgrim is right. You can only have one Onepass per show. I have this same problem with my favorite hockey team, except it is on THREE different channels.

I like to get other teams' hockey games, but they need to be low priority. So I guess I will create a wish list for my favorite team and make it #1 on the list, and a Onepass for all channels and put that further down the list.

Tivo needs to modify Onepass to allow more than one Onepass for the same program for situations such as sports. Surprised they missed the boat on this one.

8. Apr 3, 2015 #8 of 11
    jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Sports are best managed with a wishlist. IMO.

9. Apr 3, 2015 #9 of 11
    tgrim1

tgrim1 New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    Iowa
    Nice. I didnt realize that.

10. JVDBogart

JVDBogart New Member

Jun 13, 2015
    I absolutely HATE One pass! If the goal was to make me waste more time, and see less of my shows, then it was SUCCESS!

11. blips

blips Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Bartlett, IL
    Tivo used to record the lowest channel number if there was a conflict now it seems to pick the channel that is blacked out. I don't know why they changed that.