App Message "CMC Hme Down"

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Chawni, Jan 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Chawni

Chawni New Member

Jul 6, 2015

Advertisements

When I go to "apps" from my mini, and scroll to the bottom of the list where "Add and Manage Apps" should be, its showing "CMC Hme Down". When I click it, I get the message "Scheduled Maintenance". Its been that way for 3 days. On my main DVR, Roamio OTA, that option is working.
    I have tried connecting to Tivo service (through the mini) which was successful as an attempt to remedy it but it didnt work. It doesnt make sense to me that the "Add and Manage Apps" option would work on the main DVR and not the mini. Any suggestions?

2. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    I've had it for over a year now, just ignore it.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    In theory, apps on a Mini are supposed to be inherited from its host only. Nice theory. I have found that checked apps do apply to the Mini, but it may have some default apps from before the HD menu update last year. I have three Mini boxes, each with its own unique default apps along with the host's checked apps. Those apps with weird name come and go, so like was posted, just ignore it.

BTW, there should be no default apps anymore, and all checked apps should also appear in My Shows (with classic UI).

You posted -> When I go to "apps" from my mini, and scroll to the bottom of the list where "Add and Manage Apps" should be <- What version software are you running?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  4. Chawni

Chawni New Member

Jul 6, 2015
    software version is 20.7.4 RC18-A93-6-A93.
    I can ignore it but I can't delete (or uncheck) the useless apps on there. I guess I could learn to live with it but it shouldn't be happening. It drives me crazy. I can do it from the main DVR but it does not reflect on the mini. Seems the mini is it's own "entity". :)

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Yeah, a Mini has no App control. When "phantom" apps appear, you'll just have to wait for them to die.