Anyway to search TV without all the netflix junk?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bobster954, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bobster954

bobster954 Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I have comcast. I do not have, nor do I want, an account with hulu, netflix, or amazon...

however, the search function fills up with that stuff and makes it near impossible to find a comcast channel with the program since 400 show up from the other stuff on the unit.

I tried pressing the 'only show free' yet netflix still shows up.

For example, I did a search for stargate...and got every single episode ever made from hulu, netflix, etc....I did find one channel, syfy, and grabbed a season pass.

Very annoying. Is there anyway to just delete the entire hulu, netflix, amazon systems entirely as it makes search useless to me....

or someway to clear out everything except for just my comcast cable channels.

quite frustrating to spend 10 minutes scrolling endlessly looking for something that is on my tv and not being sold by someone else....grrr.

Again, I did select as an option the 'only show free' and they still come up.

Is there another search page that only deals with what comes from my cable or antenna and nothing else?

very frustrating.

2. bobster954

bobster954 Member

Aug 15, 2011
    solved..

settings - channels - video providers - then hit select to deselect all that stuff..

awesome indeed.

wish the search results showed the channel without having to select and go to next page to see what station it is...