Anyone with a late model Samsung and a working remote?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by slate, Apr 19, 2005.

1. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002

Advertisements

Hello,
    I am trying to determine if buying a new tivo remote will help me work with my 2004 HD Samsung TV. If you have a 2004 or 2005 Samsung and your remote control works fine (including the volume up/down button raising and lowering the volume smoothly when you hold down the button), please post a reply to this thread.

Also, if you remember what remote control code you are using, please post that as well. In particular, I would like to see if codes 0305 and 0306 are working well with new Samsungs.

My current remote does not accept codes 0305 or 0306, and none of the other codes get the remote to change the volume nicely. Instead, I have to keep tapping the volume up or down button to eventually make progress.

I have already confirmed that newer remotes work with codes 0305 and 0306. I got a first run tivo series 2 as soon as they were released.

Thanks a bunch!

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    If the codes are in the newer Peanut remotes, and that is what your TiVo uses, sure, get a new peanut.

3. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ
    I got a Pioneer 810 dvd burner model and the remote didn't operate my Samsung TV well, same problems you describe. I picked up the remote for the newer Humax DVD burner model because I preferred it's layout and some minor differences in functions. With the same code, it operates my Samsung TV perfectly. The remote is available from Weaknees. I don't recall the code and I'm at the office and can't check, but I think it was the first listed code for Samsung. I was surprised and very pleased with this bonus improvment. My best guess is, you'd have a good chance of a Humax peanut doing the trick. To be sure, you could just get the Humax dvd model remote.

4. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    classicsat,
    Allow me to elucidate: I do not know if the codes work for my TV. They might work, they might not. I have no way to be sure because my current remote doesn't accept them. That's why I'm asking in this forum. $30 plus shipping and handling hangs in the balance!

rcobourn,
    thanks for the info. My suspect codes are listed in the very beginning, so that's probably it. Is your TV from 2004 or so? Thanks.

By the way, my model number is TX-P2764X.

5. rcobourn

rcobourn Registered Snoozer

Nov 10, 2004
    Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements

It's a 2004 27 inch (not HD) model.

6. slate

slate New Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Just a followup. I borrowed my brother's new remote and sure enough, code 0305 did work and it did control my TV's volume properly. I wish the Tivo tech support had known that.

I'd buy a new remote, but for $20 more I could get an entirely new tivo :)

7. jmace57

jmace57 Large Member

Nov 30, 2002
    San Marcos, TX
    I just bought a 32 inch Samsung HDTV yesterday...never considered that the remote wouldn't control it. (It doesn't) - I am using a DirecTiVo with this set. Is it a similar situation where I could order a newer remote...or is it being an orphan product prevent it from being updated. There is an HDTV receiver/PVR in my future, but I sure hate having to use 2 remotes until next Fall. I do have an All-in-One 6131 laying around here somewhere...I guess I could try that (although my wife is going to gripe - don't blame her). Anyway, is there such a thing as a "newer" DirecTiVo peanut remote?

Thanks all.

Jim