Anyone watching "Six" with Walton Goggins?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by photoshopgrl, Jan 31, 2017.

1. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I searched for a thread thinking surely you'd be talking about it but nothing? I watched the pilot and was hooked.

2. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I wanted to watch it, but I just couldn't see Goggins as a SEAL team member. I should give him a chance but he's so typecast in my mind that it's hard to be open.

It's almost as if someone had said that Justin Bieber was going to be the new lead singer for AC/DC.

3. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm confused. Typecast as what? I've seen him play a bunch of different type characters and honestly he's really killing it here. Then again I've loved everything I've seen that he's been in and think he has a vast amount of talent.

4. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Can't speak for RGM1138, but I can understand how Goggins could always be Boyd Crowder to some people. He was so fantastic.

Glad to hear you are liking the show. I TiVo'd it and am letting it build up specifically because of Goggins. I knew nothing about it but one night came across Goggins on the screen and that made me stop. Turned out to be the pilot. Set up an immediate SP.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I asked, but he said he'd already seen it.

;)

6. leeherman

leeherman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Or Shane Vendrell from "The Shield".

I've recorded the show but haven't watched it yet.

LH

tiellv and Mike20878 like this.
  7. TechCaz

TechCaz New Member

Jan 31, 2017
    He will always be Shane Vendrell to me.

tiellv likes this.
  8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
  9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    My strongest impressions of him come from Cowboys and Aliens and especially Predators. With a sprinkling of Vice Principals. I agree that he's very talented. It's just hard for me to see him as a hero-type.
    In any case, I'm d/l the pilot so I can I check it out. He deserves it.

10. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Not sure he's exactly a hero in this show though so def check it out ;)

RGM1138 likes this.
  11. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Damnit Rob. I'm at work and passed your comment up and closed the browser and then it hit me. So here I am to say ha ha.

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Didn't he play a transvestite on Sons Of Anarchy?

TechCaz likes this.
  13. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Damn, you beat me to it. LOL, once you've seen him in that role you'll never envision him in any other role.

FWIW, I've been watching SIX from the start and so far it's a keeper.

14. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I've had a hard time watching it because of all the guide data screwups related to this show: it keeps disappearing from my To Do list no matter what SPs I set. However, after struggles I did manage to watch the first two episodes.

I'm not sure I'll watch the whole thing; Goggins was definitely the only reason I started it because it's not really my kind of show. But, I'm in for another one at least: it's on a show-by-show basis for me.

I agree with photoshopgrl; I don't think Goggins has a problem playing this character. In fact I was surprised they used Joe Manganiello; he seems more miscast as this character than Goggins.

photoshopgrl likes this.
  15. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I wonder if that pre-existing health issue was being offered more money to play Deathstroke in The Batman.

16. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Pretty unlikely, since The Six is long done and The Batman hasn't started filming yet...

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Probably more likely that he just has no energy left after each night with his new wife, Sofia Vergara.

18. ClutchBrake

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Ah, so The Six is a mini-series? I literally know nothing about it. That makes sense. I was thinking of him being stuck on a TV show with no time for movie commitments.

I did see that Affleck dropped out of directing The Batman. A shame. I'd rather him drop out as Batman and direct the movie himself.

19. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    (FYI it's SIX not "The Six"--for SEAL Team 6) It's a limited-run show on The History Channel. I don't know if it's intended to be one-and-done series or if they hope for more seasons. I'd assume the latter.

20. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas