Anyone watching L Word:Generation Q?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Agatha Mystery, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Jan 5, 2020 #1 of 11
    Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Four weeks in and another one premiers tonight. I watched the original series and enjoyed it. A few of the old faces are in this one. I’m liking it. We get some closure on stuff from last incarnation in drips and drabs.

For the most part, if you haven’t seen it and was a fan of the original, I think you would like it.

realityboy and sharkster like this.
  2. Jan 5, 2020 #2 of 11
    sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Me! :) I loved the original so much. It's awesome to see Bette, Shane, and Alice again (but mostly Bette and Shane for me, anyway). I'm already liking some of the new characters. I swear, Shane doesn't look one iota different than back then! Man, I sure do! :D

Agatha Mystery likes this.
  3. Jan 6, 2020 #3 of 11
    Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I always loved Shane and Alice. I liked the homage to Dana. Made me teary.

4. Jan 6, 2020 #4 of 11
    realityboy

realityboy Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Shane and Alice were my favorites as well. I even liked Jenny, sort of. Of the new cast, I’m slightly annoyed by Finley. I haven’t seen last night’s episode yet.

5. Jan 6, 2020 #5 of 11
    Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Finley bothered me at first. However she had grown on me. She lives in this happy go lucky environment possibly because her childhood was terrible.

I think she puts on a front to hide a lot of pain. It’s easier to own your situation as a choice rather than shame of reality. In this instance, I’m talking about her clothing choices and all of the jokes about her cut off jeans being her best shorts.

To me, Finley is kind of like a puppy.

6. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Ooooh, I like who showed up in Sunday's episode.

Tina!!!!

I was quite happy to see her.

I'm sad that the season is only like 8 episodes long. I feel like we need more time for character development due to the large number of characters. I've heard that it is renewed for a second season of 10 episodes.

7. realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Ok, Findley won me over visiting Sophie at the hospital.

8. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    I know, right? She was helpful, comforting, and thoughtful. And what she said to Dani was spot on.

realityboy likes this.
  9. Feb 5, 2020 #9 of 11
    realityboy

Jun 12, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Findley ended up as my favorite new character. I’m looking forward to season 2.

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I, too, liked her more and more as the season went on.

I hope it's not a year before S02 comes along. That was so short and fast (TWSS :D) that it went by in a flash.

realityboy likes this.
  11. Agatha Mystery

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    S02 is supposed to have more episodes, but it's only 2 more I think. 10 episodes just isn't enough.

Finley was definitely one of my favorites. She seems the most real of the characters.

I always feel for Shane. She was one of my OG favorites as well. I always liked Tina over Bette, so Bette's story line really didn't do much for me.

I feel like Micah was such an afterthought. It almost felt like they wanted to shove a dude in there, and a transgender one at that. There were 3 transgender actors on the show, but the transgender storyline just felt poorly thought out. I wasn't emotionally invested in Micah when he had his run down with his mother. I wonder if there was a lot left on the cutting room floor that explained his relationship more.