1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone try the MLB app recently?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by 4d3fect, Jun 1, 2018.

1. 4d3fect

4d3fect New Member

May 5, 2015
    Returning out of desperation since my Roku, the preferred hardware for MLB app, has become unreliable. Tivo app seems to be actually working now. Anyone else have recent experience with the app on their Roamio OTA and would care to share, I'm all ears.

Thanks for looking.

2. keenanSR

keenanSR Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2004
    Santa Rosa CA
    I haven't used it awhile but as I recall it seemed to work okay. If I'm not mistaken it still runs at 30fps though and not 60fps. I won't be able to check for sure until this evening but it looks like it has a newer interface from last year.

I'm currently using an Apple TV 4K as my MLB.tv device as it streams in 720p/60fps which makes the video smooth as broadcast and it's even cleaner looking than the average broadcast version.

3. GeoPea

GeoPea Member

Oct 6, 2014
    On my Roamio Pro the MLB app works well, but takes a lot longer to startup than on my Apple TV and Roku. And the picture quality doesn't seem quite as good as on the other devices. But definitely an improvement over last year.

4. leswar

leswar leswar

Apr 14, 2005
    Vero Beach
    Works fine on my Roamio+ and Bolt

5. 4d3fect

4d3fect New Member

May 5, 2015
    Thanks for the replies, folks. Any who still use it know how to change the audio track (switch to radio broadcast for audio)?