Anyone still running streambaby under galleon?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by bcamp, Apr 5, 2011.

1. bcamp

bcamp New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Saint Louis
    Anyone still running Streambaby under Galleon? The thread on the topic has become so spread out that I'm about burned out looking for all the pieces. I'm successfully running Galleon 2.5.5 and Streambaby 0.29 as separate apps, and have been for some time. (The only problem I've had with galleon is with the entries disappearing from TiVo Now Playing, requiring a refresh on the PC). It would be nice to have one ap running on the pc instead of two, but I've not had any success with Windracer's instructions near the top of the Streambaby main thread. I'm not seeing any errors in log.txt, but the only entry for
    Code:
    INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] AppHost - MDNS
    is this one
    Code:
    INFO [WrapperListener_start_runner] AppHost - MDNS: http://192.168.1.3:7288/Galleon/
    . Galleon continues to work but no sign of Streambaby on the TiVo.

(BTW, the PC is Vista-32-SP1 and the TiVo's are new Premiere's)

Any thoughts?

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I assume you're referring to this post, which I haven't reviewed for correctness in some time, but still should be valid (except I wrote it for Linux and not Windows).

That being said, I actually switched from running streambaby under Galleon to running it standalone late last year. The problem I was having was that unless I used an older version of streambaby (0.25), I could not use high bitrate streaming without getting 0xffffff errors. So for a while I was just stuck (by choice) using v0.25 under Galleon. Eventually, I decided I'd rather just be current than streamlined (no pun intended) so I just started running streambaby v0.29 standalone instead of under Galleon.

Anyway, none of that probably applies to (or interests) you. ;) Since you're not seeing streambaby advertising itself in Galleon's log, did you maybe miss step 3 of my instructions? You need that launcher.txt file in Galleon's hme directory so it knows to run streambaby. If you've got that correct, along with the change to wrapper.conf (step 4), something else must be wrong. You could try to enable debug logging in Galleon and then post your logs here and I'll take a look.

3. bcamp

bcamp New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Saint Louis
    Actually, that does interest me :) I had gathered that some problems had come up with the streambaby under galleon configuration but was unsure if they (it) remained unresolved. Apparently they (it) have not. It's not a big deal. I'm using both aps standalone now and it's no problem to continue that way. Your idea sounded like a good one and I wanted to implement it, too, if it was working. (If you don't mind, it would be good if you'd update that first post of yours indicating the problem with high bitrate streaming). I use galleon for it's music aps and streambaby for video. Works for me! :D Thanks for taking the time to respond :up:

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    No problem. If you decide to pursue running streambaby under Galleon as an educational exercise, let me know and I'll try to help you through it.

Done!