Anyone seen these messages?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by dlfl, Nov 6, 2011.

1. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I've seen two new (to me) messages on my TiVo HD, with CableCARDs and Tuning Adapter, during the last few days:

1. (not exact wording). Press select if you wish to continue viewing this channel. Otherwise the channel may become unavailable.

This appears to be related to the SDV system wanting to reclaim a channel.

2. (not exact wording). Waiting for synch.

This occured after one of the occasional video/audio freezes that I get, always with zero RS errors showing in DVR Diagnostics. When the message appeared, the audio had resumed but the video was still frosen. After a few seconds both resumed.

Both messages seem to have plausible reasons for appearing but I had never seen either in 2.5 years of running this setup.

2. Johncv

Johncv Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Chula Vista, CA
    Anytime the Tuning Adapter act up just unplug the USB cable in back of the adapter and plug it back in that seem to clear things up.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    #1 is not an error with the tuning adapter. When tuning a channel that you aren't recording, you can get this message after a period of inactivity. Some systems do this more aggressively than others. It doesn't affect recordings generally since they are given higher priority on the SDV system.