Anyone see South Beach Classics on Discovery?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FiftyoneFifty, Apr 4, 2011.

1. FiftyoneFifty

FiftyoneFifty Member

May 15, 2006
    I was disappointed in what I saw. It had potential to be a really great classic car show, but the acting is horrible. Anyone else catch this?

2. tiassa

tiassa Me --Avatar

Jul 2, 2008
    South Beach Classics is scripted? I figured it was the Miami version of "Desert Car Kings"

3. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    It wasn't bad. Are you sure its scripted?

4. FiftyoneFifty

FiftyoneFifty Member

May 15, 2006
    You may be right, it may not be scripted, but both of them just bug me. Seemed like forced acting.

5. awesomevette

awesomevette New Member

Apr 9, 2011

I really think if discovery channel was to spend the production money on creating a reality series I am sure with the billion dollar company that the show is legit.

My wife and I are a huge fan of the show. Its got cool cars, a marriage, an awesome business game and the miami scene.....

My wife and I stopped in there Sat and it is very cool to see them in person. Robin Vernon is prettier in person and is actually restoring cars...

Ted is a trip and a complete opposite of Robin and you can see he truly respects her.
    I suggest a stroll through their place. It will make a great show even more knowing just how down to earth they are.

6. billboard_NE

billboard_NE North Shore MA

May 18, 2005
    I have a season pass set. Robin appears to be the brains behind the business. Did anyone catch Ted's confusion when someone asked him where the radiator was located in the hotrod with the mid-engine?

7. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    Yeah, Ted claims to know cars, but I am not so sure that he does! He is a born salesman though...

I don't think its scripted. I just think it's real people who are TRYING to act a certain way in front of the cameras. I think they're just uptight. In some scenes, they act normal. other times, when dealing, is when it gets goofy.

8. jbernardis

jbernardis Active Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Princeton NJ
    I got the sense that the basketball player (I think that's what he was) who put down $18,000 on the impala, but wanted hit money back when it was going to take and extra hour, was scripted. His demeanor did not at all seem genuine to me. I just had the feeling that he was told to act indignant - it seemed so overacted to me.