Anyone remember this show?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pcguru83, Jan 31, 2006.

1. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC

Advertisements

Just recently started visiting the Now Playing area of TC and I can see I've been missing some great discussions!! Anyways, does anyone remember that show last season (I think) that got cancelled about 3 or 4 episodes in called "Eyes"? Unfortunately, I can't even remember what station it came on (ABC maybe?). Am I the only one who totally LOVED that show and the concept behind it? Just curious, because everyone I talk to is like, "Huh? Eyes? Never heard of it..."

2. LooseWiring

LooseWiring Active Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I loved this show as well. Luckily they burned off the rest of the season in Australia and I have "heard" that the Eps were available through BitTorrent.

3. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Hmmm, very interesting. I will have to take a look into that when I get home tonight...that would be great news!

4. Chapper1

Chapper1 Broncos Faithful

Jan 1, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    I was a fan of "Eyes". It sucks that they wouldn't show the episodes they alread had in the can...

5. keith021773

keith021773 New Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Tennessee

Advertisements

I liked it as well.. Of course I also loved Joey and I don't see that anymore either. And Threshold? Anyone know what happened to it?

6. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Threshold wasn't doing well on Friday so it was moved to Tuesday. After just one airing on Tuesday the show never came back. Will CBS burn off the unaired episodes during the summer? Your guess is as good as mine.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yes, Eyes was on ABC.

8. kpm807

kpm807 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    Thats So Weird I Was Just Thinking About That Show Last Night...i Wonder What Happened To It...i Havent Seen It On In Awhile

9. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I liked that show, and for quite a while had an wishlist set up in the hopes that they would burn off the rest of the episodes.

10. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    OK, I'm glad to see it wasn't just me who thought this was a great show. I truly don't understand why they didn't give it more time. Not only were the plots of the shows good, it was very witty...yet not so much that it took away from the plot. After a brief search of some torrents, I'm coming up empty. Anyone got any information on the above poster's info about the showing being shown in Australia? I mean, geez, I'd be happy just to have the few episodes they DID show here...

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    In the 6 February TV Guide, Matt Roush says that the Sci Fi Channel is "seriously considering picking up all of Threshold's 13 episodes" (only 9 hours made it to air).

12. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    So. YOU were the one???

:D

13. hereafter

hereafter New Member

May 18, 2005
    I absolutely loved "Eyes". It was indeed very witty, so I guess it had to go.

You know, that "lowest common denominator of the major networks" thing...

14. timr_42

timr_42 Active Member

Oct 14, 2001
    st louis, MO

I hope so, I know it didn't do very good in the ratings, but I kinda did like it.

15. MisterBubble

MisterBubble Makes Bathtime Fun!

Oct 30, 2005
    Central Florida
    Count me in as another "Eyes" watcher. If I'm recalling correctly, they put it on Wednesday nights at 10pm, and even though the ratings weren't totally bad, ABC was unhappy with the audience drop-off from "Lost" - so it was kind of set up for failure. Too bad they didn't move it to another slot and give it a second chance. I also kept the show on my SP list through the summer hoping the unaired episodes would show up. As soon as the Fall season rolled in, I sadly deleted it. The format of the show was fun and different, and I loved seeing Laura Leighton again, as she was the most entertaining thing on "Melrose Place" (with possible exceptions of Marcia Cross in crazy-mode and Lisa Rinna's lips).