Anyone moved a FIOS Cablecard from an old unit to an Edge?

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by hirschma, Nov 13, 2020.

1. hirschma

hirschma New Member

Oct 17, 2002

Advertisements

Hi All,
    Thinking about grabbing a Black Friday Edge with either Yearly or Lifetime... current Bolt is getting a bit flaky. Thinking of moving existing Cable card from Bolt to new Edge.

Would appreciate it if anyone has something to share about this, especially given new FCC abandonment of Cablecards.

Also: yearly or lifetime? I'm guessing that the chances of getting full value from a lifetime sub are not great.

2. mototex

mototex New Member

Dec 13, 2018
    Just got Black Friday Edge today, moved Cisco cable card from old Tivo HD XL to Edge and reactivated card with Spectrum. Working fine.

3. KENL

KENL New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Changed my basic Roamio to a Roamio plus I purchased on Ebay. I have Fios, I just switched the cable card to the new box. Went to the Fios site and found an automated option to update/change the cable card to the new box. Worked fine just had to supply info from the box. Worked the first time. I would assume it would work with a new Edge box.

4. rarceneaux

rarceneaux Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Our Bolt drive went out and Tivo swapped it with a Edge and we are on Morris Broadband and I was amazed it worked without call the support line. when I had Spectrum everytime I upgrated it was an ordeal to get it working.

5. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005

Advertisements

I have frontier fios and last year i got a new tivo bolt vox and i took out the cablecard from my old tivo premiere and installed it in my bolt and it worked fine. Now i want to get the edge and move the bolt to the bedroom to replace the tivo pro now that i have a 4k tv in there.

6. Ocresident

Ocresident Member

Aug 18, 2015
    My Bolt died a few weeks ago and TiVo swapped it out for an Edge unit. I swapped the cable card and it worked fine. I like the Edge unit. It’s faster than the Bolt. The only downside is I went from a 3TB Bolt to a 2TB Edge.

7. hirschma

hirschma New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Thanks for the reply - any chance that you might recall the URL for the automated option? I cannot find one.

8. KENL

KENL New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    I signed into my Verizon account, did a search for "cablecard". Ended up at this url: CableCARDs | Verizon TV Support
    Hope this helps.

9. hirschma

hirschma New Member

Oct 17, 2002
    Many thanks for that.

Question: did you have to provide (or still have) your activation code?

10. KENL

KENL New Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Sorry, I did it 6 months ago, don't remember using activation code.