Anyone know of a good HDTV component splitter?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bpratt, Oct 1, 2006.

1. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...

Advertisements

I just purchased a second HDTV for the bedroom and would like to split the component output from my HR10-250 so I can feed two TVs. I did a search on Google and found many ranging in price from $6 to several thousand. My HDMI connection is bad and I would just like to find a good component splitter. Any suggestions?

2. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    hdtvsupply.com has a good selection

3. golf4dj

golf4dj DJ

Nov 6, 2005
    Atlanta Area
    I bought a passive unit through Radio Shack. If I recall correctly it was around $70. The nice thing is that it had 4 inputs with 2 outputs. I have one output running through a 50ft component cable to my plasma with another output going to a small bathroom LCD. It works great. To be honest I do not really notice any degraded signal going through the unit compared to simply hooking the 50ft cable directly from the HR10-250 to the plasma.

4. altan

altan New Member

Jan 5, 2003
    I purchased the inday HDDA-2 (http://www.inday.com/hdda2/hdda2.htm) and am very happy with it. My HR10-250 goes into the HDDA-2 and then I run about 25 feet from each of the outputs. One output feeds a front screen projector and the output looks great.

... Altan

5. Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC

Advertisements

I want to do the same thing to run a second TV downstairs. I take it that simply using RCA Y-connectors just wont work?

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I use a simple mechanical switch from Rat Shack that is sold for audio-video switching. I've been using it for my Zenith 318 which does 1080i over component for 3 years now. My Mits only has one 1080i input so I use it to switch w/ my HR10.

The box has red-white-yellow in and out and A-B buttons. Just plug your red-green-blue into the same colors on the box and away you go.

Works perfect and no detectable signal loss or noise. Just reverse the input/output direction of the cables -- out to 2 TVs instead of in from 2 sources.

7. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill New Member

Jan 18, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I know someone who uses a Y connector, but it's for a "next door" setup similar to mine above. I don't know how a long run run would impact it.

8. joed32

joed32 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Monoprice has a component splitter for $6.21 + 5 something shipping. I'm running 6' to the 1st TV and 25' to the 2nd. Works just fine!

9. tgibbs

tgibbs New Member

Sep 22, 2002
    I've had good results with the units from Video Storm