Anyone know if Tivo has a Complaint #?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by xdroccax, Aug 10, 2007.

1. xdroccax

xdroccax Member

Feb 26, 2006
    To start, I hot and p!ssed off right now!!! :mad:

I just got of the phone with their CS trying to fix (now going to be cancelling :mad: ) my second unit. Basically, i have a lifetime and a prepay that is coming out of the prepay contract that is being charged $16.95. I called to see about getting it adjusted or else i was going to cancel since i've called multiple times before to make sure the billing was going to be right. The CS rep said he could give me a "courtesy credit" of $6 towards the $16.95 for not cancelling (making it $10.95), but could not change the $16.95 base. So it would always be "$16.95 - $6". So i said stated shouldn't it be $10.95 in first place b/c it's a MSD??? At which point, he said "oh, it should.. hhmm it's a mess up on our side..".

Then IMMEDIATELY he pulls the $6 courtesy credit off the table!! WTF?! Long story short, I ended with his manager (maybe?) name Troy at 505-724-4000 x72113. Who won't even bother to talk to me now. I don't even know what (if anything) was done to my account. The ONLY reason stopping me from calling back to Tivo's main number and cancelling my box this minute is the fact the my wife uses it to record Big Brother 8 After Hours! I'm on hold to my cable company right now to order one of their DVR; when it gets here, Tivo is toast!!! Expect to see an S2 lifetime on ebay within a few days.

2. AGBulls

AGBulls New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Uh...can I ask why you argued once he agreed to make it $16.95 minus $6 every month? Beyond some simple billing miscommunication, it WAS what you asked for...wasn't it?

3. xdroccax

xdroccax Member

Feb 26, 2006
    Primarily b/c when i asked "how was it possible for you to give a SA box this $6 credit and not my MSD...". Eventually i moved towards just wanting the 6.95 rate. I would have been happy to accept the 6.95 or a good explanation of why i didn't qualiy for a $6 "courtesy credit". Seems like a slap in the face for those who support Tivo versus the casual 1 box owner.

4. Ishma

Ishma New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    I'm confused... MSD is longer automatically $6.95/month. The new policy is $6.00 off whatever plan you are committed to.

So we're you expecting $6.95 MSD rate or mad that it didn't change to $10.95 automatically?

You will still end up with a similar rate from cable. I hope it works out.

5. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    In order to get MSD:
    1. Your lifetime unit must call TiVo at least once every 6 months.
    2. Both units must be registered in the same account.
    3. Both units must call TiVo from the same household.

Are you fulfilling all three requirements?

6. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    also the rate is based on length of term agreed to

1 year = 16.95 - 6$ = $10.95
    2 year = 14.95 - 6$ = $ 8.95
    3 year = 12.95 - 6$ = $ 6.95

the MSD "courtesy rate" is simply a 6 dollar subtract from whatever the rate would be otherwise. I think the CSRs had a hard time communicating this clearly.

7. xdroccax

xdroccax Member

Feb 26, 2006
    My first unit is an S2 lifetime, and the second is a DT with an expired 1yr prepay. My billing was jacked; set at $16.95. I decide to call to get it adjusted down to $10.95; which i ALREADY knew to be the correct rate under the new MSD terms.

When i called, the rep was under the impression i ONLY had 1 Tivo AND offered me the the $6 credit after i stated "I've call several times in the past to make sure I got the right rate charged once the 1yr was up.. now it's still screwed up so you need to fix it or else i'm going to cancel this box.." Then when i said, "so the $6 credit would be on top of the MSD rate?". That's when he said "You have more then 1 Tivo?" and "..looks like it should have been 10.95 in the first place.. our side screwed up.." . This is when the $6 credit was pulled! THIS is what pissed me off. They were willing to give a $6 credit to a single unit account, but NOT ANYTHING for a multile unit account??!

Am i wrong in (now) wanting the $6.95 rate instead of the $10.95 knowing if i did not have an S2 lifetime, I could have VERY EASILY gotten a $6 credit??

What ever happen to customer loyalty?

8. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Your First unit is a Lifetime (No Monthly Fee)
    Your Second unit was a One Year Prepay so fine for a Year.

Once the Prepay ended, I think you wanted the $12.95 a Month Fee minus the $6.00 MSD for $6.95 a Month right?

Instead, you were paying the $16.95 a Month and NO MSD?

The $6.00 Credit Tivo offered would of reduced the Fee to $10.95 a Month.

Did you communicate to the CSR that you wanted 3 Years of Commitment instead of the 1 Year. What they offered was a 1 year Commitment, what you want is the 3 year one.

Maybe abit of miscommunication on both sides?

9. c3

c3 TiVoholic

Sep 8, 2000
    Silicon...
    The OP is complaining because he wants the 3-year rate without commiting to 3 years.

10. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    KFME
    Yes.

The "6 dollar credit" is the MSD discount. Unless you commit to a contract, the correct price is $10.95.

You sound pretty excitable. I probably wouldn't want to talk to you on the phone, and certainly wouldn't go out of my way to help you if you ranted like this on the phone with me.

Calm down, keep your cool and call back. If you're happy with no commitment and the $10.95 rate, just verify that is what you are being charged. If you want a lower rate, inquire about committing to 3 years and getting a $6.95 monthly rate.

11. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    This ain't the TiVo complaint line either. :thumbsdown:

12. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    IMHO, yes.

Re-up the MSD unit for 3 years and you'll get the $6.95 rate. Simple.

13. psyton

psyton New Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Well, it could go either way...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4853214&&#post4853214

14. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse