1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know how to contact American tech support?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by harjon, Jun 13, 2018.

1. harjon

harjon New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Hey all,

I logged into tivo.com about a week ago to pay my yearly service bill. When i did, it told me i had to change my password for some reason. I followed the steps that told me to wait for an email with a temporary password. It never came. I tried chat and got nowhere. They couldn't get me an email, set an alternate email or change anything associated with my account. Tried again and nothing. Then called and got the Philippines and got no where. They told me they would phone the next day. Nothing..

I really don't think they either understand what they are doing or care. Their English skills are rudimentary at best. How do i get someone to help?

I'm locked out of my tivo app and my account now with no way to get back in.

2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I've seen this problem posted recently but couldn't find it. Anyway I believe what you need to do is call TiVo support and ask them to manually send you a password reset email. Yeah, it's no way to run a railroad. :mad:

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. harjon

harjon New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Appreciate the response. They can't send me a reset email.. they've tried. Their system apparently rejects any email other than my original. Hence why I'd like to contact someone higher up or knowledgeable.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
  5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I had this issue (not able to log in at online.tivo.com) a week or 2 ago, chatted TiVo customer service up at its website, received a password re-set email (sent to my original email address on file with TiVo), used the email link to re-set my password, and all is well now. (I had tried using the website login link to get the email automatically, but nothing ever was sent/received.)

6. harjon

harjon New Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Yup.. This is exactly what happening, minus any weird unsolicited emails. I'll have to try my luck with customer service again closer to the weekend. Ridiculous this is an issue tough. TiVo needs to get it's house in order.

Thank you so much for your help.

Although for the future.. Anyone know if there actually is a way to get through to usa based support?

7. buildersboy66

buildersboy66 Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Florida
    nope just indians from beyond to help you

8. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Is that the new term for Filipinos (where TiVo's off-shore support was, the last time I called a while back)? ;)