Anyone in Austin get Food Network via an S3?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by gcrowell, Jun 15, 2007.

1. gcrowell

gcrowell New Member

Sep 14, 2004

Advertisements

Just got CableCards instaled in my S3. After the tech left, I checked, and while I get the HD channels, and some of the digital channels, I only get about 1/2 the "basic" channels. Called TW back out- tech just told me that it because TW has switched most of the basic channels to SDV. True or not? TiVo says it is an authorization problem, since diagnostics shows "No ECMs detected." Anyone got a hint as to who in the circle of deniability is to blame?

Thanks!

2. Austin_Martin

Austin_Martin New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    I'm in round rock, and they've had my channel lineup screwed up for months.

The channels 1-99 don't work, only the digital channels work, but they're not the "digital" version of the channels. Plus some of the extra sdv channels like the disney channel don't work.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny New Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Austin, TX
    I'm pissed as hell....

A lot of the digital channels seem to be SDV. For example, I can get VH1, but not VH1P on my S3. I can't get BBCA. And more. I plan to do a test later (thanks, TW, I had better ways of spending my time).

I am also going to write and insist on being given a list of channels on SDV.

Update:

Here's the first channels in the digital lineup.

201 Home & Garden Television
    203 Discovery Home
    ***204 Fine Living Network
    205 The Learning Channel
    ***207 Do it Yourself Network
    209 Food Network
    210 Lifetime Television
    ***211 Lifetime Real Women
    213 WE
    215 Oxygen
    217 SoapNet
    219 Style
    ***220 FIT TV
    ***225 Discovery Health Channel
    230 The Discovery Channel

I do receive 209, Food Network -- but there are five channels that appear to be SDV. One of the hardest hit bands is the shopping channels -- most of them appear to be SDV. I wonder if the companies who pay for air time for those channels are aware of this new technology locking them out?

4. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I know I get Food channel since we watch that all the time. I dunno what VH1P is, but I know I don't need it, or the shopping channels :)

SDV sucks but so far it's not too bad. Search in the Official Time Warner thread and you'll find listings of what's SDV. I know I've posted on the subject there in the past.

5. gcrowell

gcrowell New Member

Sep 14, 2004

Advertisements

to swap cards- no luck. One of the TW engineers called me after I posted- can't remember his name, butn he did take proactvie steps to help.

Now if he would call me again now that I have new cards, I could be sure they are paired correctly...

Very interesting that some are seeing Discovery as SDV, and can't recieve it- I receive Discovery and National Geo jsut fine....

6. Austin_Martin

Austin_Martin New Member

Sep 12, 2006
    is that discovery, or discovery HD channel. it's the hd one that would be sdv.

7. pmiranda

pmiranda Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I'm pretty sure DiscoveryHD is not SDV. Some of the Discovery extra channels (health, science?) might be.

As for gcrowell's issues, if there are no signal strength problems, then it's probably just a problem back at the office with the CC authorization.

8. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    discovery hd is not sdv. gcrowell I will call you in a little bit.

9. gcrowell

gcrowell New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    Will- my "standard" HD SA Cable Box from Time Warner is exibiting the same syptoms as my Cable Cards. Had not done enough research; it is hook to my S2 TiVo, and looks like the behavior has been occuring since at least 6/15, and maybe earlier.

UPDATE: Call to TWC support has gotten the cable box fixed, but not the cable cards. Another truck roll on Thursday, to bring series 2007 cards out.

10. cableguy763

cableguy763 New Member

Oct 29, 2006
    Austin
    Gary,
    I don't work until friday-I will give you a call to make sure everything is ok.