Anyone Having Channel Guide Issues?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by insomniac99, Aug 23, 2007.

1. insomniac99

insomniac99 Member

Jul 24, 2007
    NYC
    I'm noticing the Channel Guide on my Tivo Series3 has quite a few errors these days. I've noticed frequent incorrect program information on MTV, Animal Planet, and ESPN2 so far. I'm in New York City with Time Warner cable. I've run through the setup several times so I'm pretty sure it's not because of anything I've set up incorrectly.

And this is what I've noticed so far. Obviously I can't keep tabs on on all programs at all times. At first, it wasn't a big deal. I reported the problem to Tivo. But now it's gotten to the point where I'm concerned programs won't record properly because of this.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    When you see a incorrect info go to Zap2It.com and see if it is wrong there as well.

Is it just thr program info that is incorrect or are the channels messed up? If the latter then you may have to rerun guided set and verify your lineup.

3. insomniac99

insomniac99 Member

Jul 24, 2007
    NYC
    I haven't tried the website you refer to, but the information is correct on the Time Warner cable box I have as well as on the Yahoo TV Listings.

Channels are not messed up. Just some of the programming on a few channels. Not even all of the programming on those channels.

I have re-run the guided setup several times already in an effort to fix this.

4. insomniac99

insomniac99 Member

Jul 24, 2007
    NYC
    Argh, Tivo's guide absolutely sucks!!! Unbelievable. I have reported problems with my ESPN2 listings nearly two weeks ago. It hasn't been fixed nor have they have gotten back to me in the 5-7 business day timeframe. As a result, most of the USA Basketball games were not recorded while I was out for the week. Terrific. Is this sort of problem a necessary evil of owning a Tivo??