Anyone got Sirius and HME yet???

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Austin Bike, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003

Advertisements

Anyone working on an HME application for Sirius Satellite Radio?

I would love to be able to stream it over to my tivo, looks like the best way today is to do it with shoutcast on the server, but I can't change channels easily that way.

I saw the XM HME tool and would love to see someone do that for Sirius :eek:

2. larrybradshaw

larrybradshaw New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    I agree, I would love to listen to my Sirius account through Tivo.

3. manielse

manielse New Member

Mar 6, 2003
    I would Shoutcast it for now, that's what I use to do with XM. I'm sure a GUI can be made to switch the stations but I'm a XM user.

4. Jan 2, 2006 #4 of 10
    montge

montge New Member

Dec 25, 2004
    So silly question, can tivo play a wma file? (asumming you wanted to play the limited streaming.) In theory you'd have to make the HME app act like a web browser and then transcode to a mp3. At least that's the theory.

5. Jan 3, 2006 #5 of 10
    Re-Hash

Re-Hash Registered Loser

Aug 24, 2005

Advertisements

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=132883

Read through this thread on how to serve any stream from your PC to your Tivo.

6. Jan 3, 2006 #6 of 10
    Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Uh, that was my message. I was hoping for an easier way. I saw an XM application that allows you to change channels via TiVo.

7. errandwolfe

errandwolfe Tivo Hates Mac Users

Jul 29, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    I see the last message here is over 6 months old, has anyone made any progress at all with this? So dying to be able to truly listen to Sirius through my tivo, with the ability to change channels.

8. Jan 2, 2007 #8 of 10
    Kwantum

Kwantum New Member

Jan 2, 2007
    I would love to hear any news about this. Bumpity bump.

9. TheDrake

TheDrake Still full of it.

Aug 3, 2005
    Atlanta
    Never thought of it before reading dualfragment's post in THIS thread for streaming XM, searched the board & ended up here. Bumping this post to revive hope for so many Sirius satellite radio subscribers with TiVo...

I'm not a programmer but here's a thought for those more technically minded... I've installed a great little program on my fancy-schmancy Cingular 8525 called SiriusWM5 that allows me to access the Sirius Internet Radio stream on my Windows Mobile device... VERY NICE! [REVIEW]

Am I wrong to think that somehow the method used to deliver the stream to my phone could also be used to get it to our TiVo's?

10. Austin Bike

Austin Bike Member

Feb 9, 2003
    The real issue is that sirius only uses an encrypted web stream with lots of authentication. This is the problem that prevents us from being able to just stream it.