Anyone get Roamio remote to control Pioneer receiver input?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by whiteshaft, Nov 19, 2015.

1. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA

Advertisements

I've been following several threads on here and it seems like people have had mixed results with getting their Roamio remotes to control other A/V devices; would love to hear specifically from someone who has been able to get their remote to fully control a Pioneer receiver.

I have a Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K receiver, purchased in 2009. It has 4 HDMI inputs and all the sound from my devices passes through it. I was able to get the Roamio remote to control the VOLUME and MUTE functions easily (the very first code in the setup menu worked), but nothing else. We have to use the Pioneer remote to power on the receiver as well as switch the HDMI inputs, which is a hassle but not awful; but recently the remote buttons are crapping out so I need to replace it. I was hoping to program the TiVo remote to control power and Input but I tried every Pioneer receiver code on the setup page to no avail. Is there anything else I can try?:confused:

TIA,
    W

2. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA
    FYI I'm pretty sure it's not possible at this point, so I just ordered a universal remote with Bluetooth. Hopefully it can control the receiver, TV and PS3 so I'll at least knock my collection of remotes down by 2 (currently sitting at 5, with Tivo and AppleTV remotes)

3. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    I can only control the power, mute and volume on my Pioneer VSX-1022 receiver with my TiVo remote. The input button controls the TV's input not the receiver's, but I haven't tried to change it to the receiver.

Under the remote setup:
    Find your receiver code under step 2 that controls your mute and volumn buttons.

To setup the power button to control your receiver repeat step 1 but use the same receiver code you used under step 2.

To setup the input button do step 3 but use the same receiver code you used under step 2.

4. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA
    Yup, tried that. It won't accept the Pioneer code for the INPUT button.

5. NashGuy

NashGuy Well-Known Member

May 2, 2015

Advertisements

I have a Pioneer VSX-820 and it's just the same for me: TiVo remote will control the power, mute and volume only. I also tried the TiVo Pro Slide Remote, which has a limited learning function, but I could never get it either to switch inputs on the Pioneer.

6. whiteshaft

whiteshaft Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Valley Glen, CA
    Good to know it's not just me I guess. I think that even if I were to get it to recognize the inputs it would want to cycle through ALL of them (phono, aux, HDMI) when what I really need is to cycle through just the HDMI inputs. Even though I have 4 of them they don't have dedicated buttons on the remote and that's caused issues in the past when trying to use other remotes with it.

7. peterent01

peterent01 New Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I want to add my name to a request to get the input button on the re toe to control the receiver. If you have an AV receiver why wouldn't you connect your DvD or other components to the receiver? Not being able to program the remote to control a receiver's input mode seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk