Anyone else's stock Premiere remote Select button extremely touchy/sensitive?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by pdx8080, Mar 16, 2016.

1. pdx8080

pdx8080 Member

May 30, 2014

Advertisements

Hi,

I have a Premiere (original model) and I've noticed for quite some time now that the remote, which shipped with it from the factory is extremely sensitive. Anyone else see this with theirs?

By that I mean, often registers multiple presses when I've only pressed it once.

And the other thing is, I am sure the button is not physically sticking, at least, in any way that I can see or feel.

But, for example, when I choose to delete a show, a single press will both issue the Delete command, and then confirm it.

As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating, especially when it happens accidentally. Just wondered if I am the only one, or if my remote is indeed somehow defective.

Thanks!

2. LouCipherr

LouCipherr New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    I've noticed the same thing on my Premiere remote, but not the select button.

My "sensitive" button is the Tivo button. I'll hit it once, and it almost always registers two presses, no matter what I do. :confused:

3. Teeitupmo

Teeitupmo Member

Mar 8, 2016
    This happened on mine. I tried replacing batteries, nothing. I just went to Walmart and spent $10 on a universal remote, that was compatible with TiVo.

I am good now. The only buttons on universal remote that I haven't figured out yet, is the TiVos thumps up and down buttons.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4. pdx8080

pdx8080 Member

May 30, 2014
    Actually, since posting, I have noticed it happens with other buttons as well. The Tivo button, as you said, and also the info button. The info screen will often appear, and then disappear just as quickly.

In the other room, we have a base-model Roamio. Its remote is different — the buttons are clicky rather than mushy, and this bizarre behavior NEVER happens with that remote. I would say that if there is a problem, they've identified it and fixed it.

But it's good to know I'm not the only one with this issue on the Premiere remote.

I've often wondered if buying a Slide Pro remote would fix the problem, but I don't know if its buttons are of the same type as the Roamio remote or not.

5. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC

Advertisements

I have two originals. The dog ate one of the remotes so I use the Harmony 650 universal with no problems. On the one with the stock remote I have noticed it can be really sensitive. For some reason I like to turn my remotes upside down when I set them down. Don't ask...OCD or something. Sometimes no matter how gently I place the remote down some button or another gets pressed, usually slow-mo.