Anyone else with no guide data?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by morgantown, Aug 17, 2007.

1. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Yes, I am still a DIRECTV subscriber, the HD TiVo is just not pulling the guide data for some reason. Even the systems information screen say guide data up to August 14th (three days ago).

Anyone else?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Try a reboot. This might trigger it to reindex the guide data.

3. rminsk

rminsk TiVoted TiVo User

Jun 4, 2002
    Marina del...
    This is a known problem. The DirecTiVo losses track of the guide data stream. As Jim said a simple reboot will fix the problem. It will take around 24-hours for the complete guide data to be downloaded and indexed.

4. morgantown

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Gotcha. Don't know why I did not think of that earlier...

5. morgantown

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    We'll I'll be...still no guide at all (even the channel being watched has no guide data). Somethings not right here, perhaps another re-boot. All other DVRs are perfectly fine.

I did "call home" earlier due to the no guide and that had no effect at all. I seriously doubted that was involved as many at TCF have not been connected to a phone line in years. Oh well, another restart (a hard one).

6. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    What he said

7. morgantown

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Yea, I'm slightly impatient at times but seriously can't remember the guide being totally blank (ever) since I've had the TiVos.

BUT, to reinforce your point things are very slowly trying to repopulate. It really did not "seem" this slow when it was fresh out of the box. My bad.

8. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    It could take a few days to re-populate the whole twelve days or so out. Sounds like it's working fine if it is re-populating.