Anyone else notice a Green Flash??

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Ron Tobin, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Ron Tobin

Ron Tobin Member

May 13, 2004
    Sarasota, FL
    I've had my Tivo Premiere for about 4 months, having upgraded from a trouble free Tivo S3 which I had for quite a few years. I'm quite happy with it's performance however have noticed that, when watching a recorded program, occasionally I will see a green flash at the very bottom of the screen. Duration is less than a second and sometimes it will happen more than once on a recording. If I rewind back to the spot, I can confirm that it's in the recording itself. I have never seen this happen when watching "live" TV.

Has anyone else ever noticed what I'm describing? I did a forum search and don't see it discussed. I've not yet called Tivo, preferring first to find out if it's an anomoloy or a characteristic of my Tivo Premiere.

Thanks,

2. Killerbones

Killerbones New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    its not tivo its the broadcaster, I am a home theater installer and have noticed this artifact on cisco, samsung, and scientific atlanta boxes in the central florida region on brighthouse service. At first we thought it might be a defective TV but after some research we noticed it happens on CBS on shows like CSI. I have seen it myself on my tivo.

3. Ron Tobin

Ron Tobin Member

May 13, 2004
    Sarasota, FL
    I can't really recall what network I've seen this on, but most of our recorded shows are on CBS and CSI NY is one of them. I think I'll try to be more cognizant of what network we're watching the next time it happens. Thanks for your response. BTW, my provider is Verizon Fios.

4. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    It's the result of DC Comics trying to save money by consolidating Green Lantern, Green Arrow, and The Flash.:)

5. rahnbo

rahnbo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    I see it all the time on ABC Network programs in Central FLA/Brighthouse. Some weird stuff happens on Fox too like the screen gets downsized to 1/4 size and centered with a very low resolution. I've seen it OTA as well so must be those networks.