Anyone Else not getting updated Guide Data?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by bellbm, Jan 9, 2006.

1. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago

Advertisements

My HD Tivo guide is only updated through 5pm today, on both the over that air and satellite channels. I've tried forcing daily calls, but no help.

My SD Tivo seems to have all of the guide data in tact.

Any suggestions?

2. kdonnel

kdonnel DVC-BCV

Nov 28, 2000
    Metro...
    reboot

That usually solves guide indexing problems.

3. thepackfan

thepackfan Member

May 21, 2003
    Plano, TX
    I had to leave mine unpluged for 20 minutes to repopulate a bad guide data problem. If a normal reboot doesn't fix the problem try this longer time frame.

4. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago
    Thanks for the tips, how soon after a reboot should the guide data start popluating?

5. kdonnel

kdonnel DVC-BCV

Nov 28, 2000
    Metro...

Advertisements

I don't believe it is immediate.

The data trickles in so you might have to look at multiple channels to see if any of them have more data before you know if this solved your problem or not.

6. bellbm

bellbm Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Chicago
    That data is coming back, but the "To Do" list isn't updating, even though my shows on my season passes are in the guide. I'll give it some more time, hopefully it will all take care of itself.

7. racer21

racer21 Member

Feb 26, 2002
    Mukilteo, WA
    I had this problem about a month ago. I did a reboot and the guide data started trickeling back, but it did take longer for the "To Do" list to update. Shows listed in the guide data took a while to appear on the To Do list, this included season passes.

8. whoward3

whoward3 whoward3

Oct 29, 2005
    This weekend, I lost my program guide information on one of my two HD-250s but not the other. I unplugged the power for about 30 seconds. When it rebooted, I still did not have guide information. However, it did appear when I checked back about 15 minutes later. I missed some season pass shows, which is quite irritating. Do I now need to reset my season pass information and check my To Do list? Does anyone know what causes this to happen? If so, does it happen in clusters ... that is, does it happen to a lot of us at about the same time?