Anyone else loose a "In The Clear' QAM Channel with CableCard?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by eric_mcgovern, Sep 29, 2006.

1. eric_mcgovern

eric_mcgovern Member

Jan 8, 2002
    So this is odd.

I was recording my "in the clear" QAM channel off of my cable before my CableCard install occured. The three networks that appear in HD on my cable system (CBS, FOX, NBC) came in fine, and I just setup manual recordings.

Once the CableCard was installed I lost FOX. It is now just a blank screen. I mentinoed this in another thread, but was just wondering if anyone else had this issue. The other odd thing, the TiVo thinks the channel is 1080i, but it is 720p. All the other channels I am suppose to get come in nice and clear.

My assumption is, Charter has mapped something wrong and is sending the wrong information to the CableCard.

2. sjcbulldog

sjcbulldog Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Oregon
    Well in the area I am in, there are serveral number of community service channels that show things like the local city council meetings for a community. With my STB I only see the ones specifically for the city I am in. With the Tivo and without cable cards, I saw the channels for all of the various communities in the area. After getting the cable cards, I now again only see the one channel for my community. Therefore, the cable company has the ability to map specific channel into my channel lineup and leave others out based on where I live.

Sjcbulldog

3. ChuckyBox

ChuckyBox New Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Indeed. I loosed one 'in the clear' just the other day. Like they always do, it made a dash for the nearest gully and the small creek that runs through it. It was easy to track it to the creek, but I lost it where the shore got rocky. I crossed the creek, and worked my way upstream, knowing the habits of these things. I picked up its trail again where the creek widened into a large spring-fed pond. The trail led through a number of small rugged ridges, bounded by a series of rolling hills. I left the trail and circled around to climb the highest of the hills from the rear. Once atop the hill, I spotted it, and it was a simple matter to bring it down with my Winegard SquareShooter High-Band Amplified Antenna System.