Anyone else having trouble with Unbox website?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by javabird, Sep 11, 2007.

1. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Seems like amazon changed something on the Unbox website within the last week or so, and now the Unbox video player doesn't work at all (on a Mac & Safari). Anyone else having this problem?

2. dylanemcgregor

dylanemcgregor Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Corner of...
    I thought it never worked to playback downloads on a Mac? That is what the system requirements page says at least. Did you have it working on OS X before?

I've never been tempted to watch anything on my computer, so my Unbox experience is exclusively through TiVo.

3. javabird

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Ok, I guess my post was confusing. Sorry about that. I wasn't referring to the Unbox Video Player that plays movies on your PC (I know that won't work with a Mac).

What I was talking about was the Flash player at the top of the web page that shows the latest movies. It no longer works in Safari. Instead, there is an empty box (see screenshots).

The only reason it's a problem is that some of the moves (like the free ones offered this week) have to be ordered from within the player-- and if I can't see 'em, I can't order 'em!

(I emailed Amazon customer service, but haven't received a reply. )

Attached Files:

4. TiVoStephen

TiVoStephen formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Jun 27, 2000
    Alviso, CA, USA
    Hi Javabird, sorry to hear about the issue. Can you let me know your OS version and exact browser version? I'll pass this information on to Amazon.

In the meantime, you can get all content via your DVR -- just go to TiVo Central -> Find Programs -> Download TV & Movies -> Amazon Unbox.

Alternately, for the four free NBC previews, please check out these pages directly:

Bionic Woman
    Life
    Chuck
    Journeyman

Best regards,
    Stephen

5. javabird

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Thanks for your reply and for the direct links.

I'm using Safari 2.04 on OS X 10.4.10, with the latest Flash player plugin.