Anyone else have repeated audio dropouts on PBS "The War" last night?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by oldnacl, Sep 24, 2007.

1. oldnacl

oldnacl New Member

Mar 23, 2007

Advertisements

I recorded it and listed to the first several minutes this morning. There were audio dropouts every second or two. I had to listen closely to be sure, but they were there (or weren't there - is something that's defined as "not there" but should be there, missing or present? If a tree falls in the forest...). I haven't noticed it this bad on any other recorded programs. Just wondering if it might have been a bad cable feed. Maybe so many people were tuned in the signal strength dropped? Recording the second installment tonight and we'll see what I get there - maybe I'll try recording in SD on another channel and compare them.

2. mike300

mike300 New Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Yes, I experienced the exact same thing on the HD feed on Comcast. It seemed to be only in the first 10 minutes or so, and then everything was fine.

3. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    Nope. I watched the entire show last night, no audio issues to report. Comcrap in MA.

4. ncbagwell

ncbagwell New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Cary, NC
    For me the sound did not match the video. The sound was about 1 or 2 seconds ahead. Weird.

5. randymac88

randymac88 Member

Feb 29, 2004

Advertisements

I had audio synching issues as well - 1 to 2 seconds behind. Not sure whether it was the audio or the video that was ahead/behind, but they weren't together. At all. TWC, Manhattan.

6. Thom

Thom Unemployed and loving it !

Jun 5, 2000
    Southern Calif.
    In Los Angeles, viewing the HiDef over the air broadcast from KCET (channel 28-1), the voices trailed the speaker's lip movements by a syllable or two.

7. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    I doubt it's a Tivo thing. I have seen that problem on PBS HD many times over the past 2 years or so, well before I got my Tivo. And that is off the Air with nearly 100% signal strength.

I was never quite sure though if it was a problem with the local PBS outlet or the national feed.

8. aus1ander

aus1ander New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    This is definitely a PBS HD national feed issue. The voiceover track was ahead of the video by about 500 msec.

9. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    No problems at all with the war, but i recorded it ota:)

10. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

that was how it was on Cox in Omaha Nebraska also.

11. Rosenkavalier

Rosenkavalier Call 1-600-DOCTORB!

Nov 9, 2001
    D/FW area,...
    There was a post over on the AVSForum thread that indicated that the audio-video sync problems for Night 1 of "The War" have been officially confirmed to be a network broadcast issue from PBS, and supposedly will be fixed for Night 2 and following.

(Now if only my local PBS affiliate (KERA in Dallas) would broadcast the 5.1 signal...)

12. Laserfan

Laserfan Member

Apr 25, 2000
    USA
    I did y'all one better; I managed to record the DVS track!

Apparently the whole series will be repeated next week, so we should all get a second chance... :eek:

13. oldnacl

oldnacl New Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Thanks to all who reported in.