Anyone else had a problem with Value Electronics??

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by disco, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Jan 9, 2006 #1 of 37
    disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I order an H20 last Thursday, and have failed to get confirmation that it's been shipped, along with tracking numbers. Every time I call, I get the run around ("Our computer network's down...lemme give you a call back." or "Blah-blah-blah is not in right now, let me have her call you back with that."

I'm getting fed up. I called just now, and was told that they'd give me a call back AGAIN...but they NEVER call me back. I've had troubles getting a hold of Robert, and the people on the phone are absolutely no help. I thought they were trustworthy based on comments/posts on this forum, but I've been waiting for TRACKING NUMBERS since last Thursday/Friday. What the heck???

MODS: feel free to move this post to an appropriate forum, but please DON'T delete -- I know VE is a big sponsor of this forum (and others), but I'm frustrated and they're failing to answer a simple question with definite information (i.e., tracking numbers).

2. Jan 9, 2006 #2 of 37
    dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Robert was at CES Thursday through Sunday, I believe; I'd expect he'd be back now. It's not normal, but when they do screw up, they do seem to manage to screw up royally with one person. ;)

For what it's worth, orders get fulfilled by the distributor, and I've rarely seen them do well with providing emails directly concerning shipment confirmation. So I wouldn't necessarily immediately think it didn't get shipped when you ordered, however I would certainly continue calling until they can actually respond. That should be easy, even if the computers are down -- tell them there's this thing called a telephone that they can use to call the distributor instead of relying on the computer. ;)

3. Jan 9, 2006 #3 of 37
    disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I don't know why the people that DIDN'T go to CES wouldn't be able to complete orders...the shop doesn't just SHUTDOWN when Robert leaves, does it??;)

This is just getting frustrating they say I should expect delivery Tuesday/Wednesday, but I don't understand what they are basing that on, and I'm frustrated as to why they say that they'll call me back...but then don't.:mad:

Thanks for your post, though...it's a bit relieving...but not a lot!;)

4. Jan 9, 2006 #4 of 37
    Phillip Chapman

Phillip Chapman New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    I placed an order today for an R10 from Value Electronics (had a hard time finding it anywhere else). Immediately afterward I realized I entered the wrong zip code. I e-mailed sales with the correct info, but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully this will be fixed and the unit will still arrive in a timely manner.

I also bought from Value Electronics based on the recommendations of other forum members here.

5. Jan 9, 2006 #5 of 37
    disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I called at 4:23pm (CT). STILL WAITING FOR MY CALL BACK.....

6. Jan 9, 2006 #6 of 37
    disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    Just called AGAIN...

"Oh, Nathan...you certainly are good at follow-up..." :rolleyes: But YOU aren't...

She said she didn't want to "bore me with the details", but for some reason my order was not showing a tracking number. She has called the distributor, and should have a tracking number within the hour, if not by tomorrow morning.

Riiiiiiiiight....

I am so *#%&ing fed up right now. All I want is confirmation that it shipped...and she can't even *#%&ing do that.:mad:

7. Jan 9, 2006 #7 of 37
    Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    Sorry Disco.

I've had one bad experience with VE and I attached it to one particular CSR. He speaks with a thick NY accent and was a rude jerk. Beyond that, I've been adequately pleased. Others have had some trouble with them, so they are not universally good by any stretch.

Robert, when he gets involved, will move mountains and get it done, but honestly the rest of the folks should really be able to do what he does when it is something as simple as "Did this ship? By what carrier? With what tracking number?

Sorry man, you're one of the good ones. I wish this type of experience on others.

8. Jan 9, 2006 #8 of 37
    ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    Disco.

Send DTV TiVo Dealer a PM with the details of your order.

He will take care of it, and pronto......

In generall... this is far from the norm with Value Electronics.

9. Jan 9, 2006 #9 of 37
    disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I have. On here, and on other forums. At around 9:45 this morning.

No response.:(

Emails to him bounce back with "User mailbox exceeds allowed size".:(

10. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    I knew he was traveling to day (returning from CES)..... As I have two PMs into him as well.... Hopefully he will be logging in tonight.

11. disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    I've gotten a PM from Robert (thank you SOOOO much!), and it looks like my H20 shipped today due to reduced staff over CES. I should receive tomorrow/Wednesday, and Robert personally is looking at getting me my tracking numbers tomorrow morning.

Thanks again, Robert!!:up::up: Now I can sleep with a smile on my face!

12. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA
    Actually Robert PM'd me this afternoon about an order for three SD-DVR80's so he is busy getting caught up. We all understand what it is like to be out of the office for a week and the Monday after you return is pure hell.

13. rick31621

rick31621 New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    So Calif
    :thumbsdown:
    Thumbs down from me.
    I talked to a CSR several months ago when the R10 came out and he knew less than I did about the product. Then he became rude, and when I asked to speak to the Manager he hung up the phone.
    NEVER, would I consider purchasing anything from them or recommend them.
    There are a number of retailers and online dealers where I shop for my electronic needs.
    A business can't talk their way out of poor customer service because any one person is not there. What happens when that person is on vacation or out sick.

Two Thumbs Way Down!

14. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    There's numerous customers I'd hang up on and never want to deal with, too. Sometimes it's refreshing to find a business that won't put up with stuff. :p

15. Billy66

Billy66 Again with shoelaces

Dec 15, 2003
    I hear ya Doug, but do you think Robert wants his phone monkey's making that call or would he prefer they left that up to him? Here's a better division of responsibility. Let the phone monkey provide the tracking number to Disco and let Robert decide who to do business with. :D

16. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Any issues I had in the past, Robert went out of his way to correct. One thing I have found is rarely do the tracking numbers work. Not sure why, but I always get my stuff in a timely manner. In fact I just received my order I placed Tuesday the 2nd.

17. parzec

parzec Wizard of Oz

Jun 21, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    I didn't think VE was a sponser of this site anymore -- isn't that why their logo is gone?

18. nhaigh

nhaigh Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Lawrencevill...
    Isn't Robert basically a DTV distributer. Maybe now TiVo is not a major part of his business and certainly won't be in the future we'll see less of him.

19. dswallow

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It's gone because he stopped paying to be a sponser. He stopped paying to be a sponsor because the rates went up a lot. Even I was shocked; of course, I was shocked he willingly paid the old rates.

20. disco

disco Father of Sam.

Mar 27, 2000
    Lake...
    Still waiting for a tracking number...

I've emailed Robert, but his email inbox is still full.

I'll try a PM...