anyone else cancel Apple Tv + ?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivoknucklehead, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Jan 9, 2020 #1 of 40
    tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    I watched the whole seasons of The Morning show, See and for all Mankind and liked all 3, especially the morning show. Tried Dickinson but gave up half way through episode one. none of their other shows currently out have any appeal to me so I cancelled. I will renew when the second seasons of my three shows come out, or in the unlikely event they come up with some new decent shows

bottom line- major disappointment in this service , I expected much more. They don't even hold a candle to Hulu or Amazon, let alone Netflix

rharmelink and aaronwt like this.
  2. Jan 9, 2020 #2 of 40
    Tony_T

Tony_T Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I set a reminder for 2 days before my free subscription ends ("Siri, set a reminder to cancel TV+ on…")
    (I've yet to watch anything on TV+)

3. Jan 9, 2020 #3 of 40
    zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I have 10 more months to think about it but I did really enjoy the two shows I watched so far.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  4. Jan 9, 2020 #4 of 40
    aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I haven't even subscribed yet.
    I did like the first episode of the morning show. But I'll probably wait until Amazing Stories drops, before I subscribe.

5. Jan 9, 2020 #5 of 40
    LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    I have watched all of there originals that I am interested in, but will probably watch TMS "one of these days". I'm in for the free year so they have some time to get more content out there before I start paying. I imagine they will bundle services (I also pay for Arcade and Music Family) to make it more cost effective, although $4.99 is pretty low.

6. Jan 9, 2020 #6 of 40
    SullyND

SullyND W: 33-9 (Camping World Bowl) TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    Not yet, but I haven’t really found it to be worth watching. Don’t plan on renewing.

7. Jan 9, 2020 #7 of 40
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Have it free for a year so I'll probably cancel after I see the first month's charge after that. That is, unless there's something by that time I want to watch.

I agree it probably won't be worth the $5/month for me. I haven't touched it since watching the finale of The Morning Show.

8. Jan 9, 2020 #8 of 40
    redrouteone

redrouteone This Space for Lease TCF Club

Jun 16, 2001
    Austin, Texas
    I got the free year with my iPhone. I’ve watched For All Mankind and Dickinson so far. Enjoyed both. I tried to watch The Morning Show, but couldn’t get into it. Might revisit later.

We’ll see what they have when my year is up.

9. Jan 9, 2020 #9 of 40
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    So you watched and liked 75% of the day 1 launch content. Sounds like a major success, not a major disappointment.

10. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    Bought a new phone so got a free 1 year subscription. Watched and enjoyed The Morning Show. Wife likes Servant and Truth Be Told. Too early to tell if we will renew in the Fall.

11. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    I just ordered an iPad and hope I get a free year.

12. Allanon

Allanon Active Member

Nov 2, 2005
    I might suspend my subscription until they get more original content but I haven't given up on them.

Shows I'm looking forward to:
    • The Banker
    • Mythic Quest
    • Amazing Stories
    • Slow Horses
    • Masters of the Air
    • Foundation
    • The Mosquito Coast
    • Time Bandits

List of shows coming to Apple TV+

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I got a year free. So, I won't be cancelling anytime soon. I did finally watch the first anything off it over the weekend. Started watching For All Mankind. I'm interested in some of the other shows, but I'm also interested in a thousand other things I'll never get around to.

I see the post one above mine mention Time Bandits. If that is based off the movie, I'll be interested in that. Loved that movie as a kid.

LlamaLarry likes this.
  14. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Saw a couple on that list that piqued my interest. Isaac Asimov's Foundation will be interesting to see. I remember reading the trilogy as a kid and loved it. If they do it on the same scale as The Expanse it could be epic. I'd like to see Amazing Stories as well as Time Bandits

15. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Those three have a HUGE head start. Not a fair comparison.

I got the free year with my iPad purchase. Loved The Morning Show. See ended strongly and Servant, although a little frustrating, I'm enjoying as well.

I bailed on Dickinson and For All Mankind.

16. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Yeah I was thinking the same. It's already ahead of CBS and Disney if the mark is original content if OP liked those three shows. I actually didn't like them. I like Servant, and my daugther sometimes likes Snoopy in Space. I definitely wouldn't want to be paying for what's there currently.

17. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 30, 2003
    Northern...
    My granddaughters loved the Snoopy in Space, Ghostwriters, and Helpsters so we knocked those out pretty quickly. They keep asking when more will come on, so I am a little bummed to tell them that I have no idea if/when there will be more kids programming.

18. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    I've watched The Morning Show, See, and Servant, and that "Hala" movie (or whatever it's called) and enjoyed all of them.

I tried a couple episodes o Dickinson, and couldn't get interested in the story lines, although I did like the premise.

I think I've been billed twice since I first subscribed, for a total of $10 and some odd change.

I consider the ten bucks for the 20+ hours of enjoyable content a worthwhile purchase.

Not interested in anything else at the moment, so I likely cancel after Servant ends and resubscribe down the road when some more shows are available I'm interested in.

19. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    With 1 year “free”, I’ll not be cancelling. In another year, I’m betting there will be even more reasons to stick it out.

20. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    If they did it three times already, why would you consider it unlikely?

Then again, it only costs half as much as those.